Would you date a single mom?

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Brutuskend

Lifer
Apr 2, 2001
Ah, well at least I'm staying in character.
;)

But it WAS ment to be a joke.

Even though you must admit it IS true!
:p

Yossarian

Lifer
Dec 26, 2000
I would not, could not, with a mom. I would not, could not, with a guy named Tom. I will not fvck them here or there, I will not fvck them anywhere.

TekChik

Jan 15, 2003
Originally posted by: Brutuskend
;)

But it WAS ment to be a joke.

whether or not it is true is besides the point.

the fact that it is used as a reason to date a single mom is what makes it ignorant.

Brutuskend

Lifer
Apr 2, 2001
Originally posted by: Yossarian
I would not, could not, with a mom. I would not, could not, with a guy named Tom. I will not fvck them here or there, I will not fvck them anywhere.

And it IS much less Idiotic than OTHERS posted, is it NOT? ;)

TekChik

Jan 15, 2003

well, at least the kid(s) would like you...

TekChik

Jan 15, 2003

And it IS much less Idiotic than OTHERS posted, is it NOT? ;)

there's no idiocy SCALE...things/people just are or they arent. the chances of me going out w/someone who makes slightly idiotic comments is the same as if the comments are 110% idiotic = 0.

but keep trying! i have to admire your persistence. :D

Brutuskend

Lifer
Apr 2, 2001
Originally posted by: TekChik
;)

But it WAS meant to be a joke.

the fact that it is used as a reason to date a single mom is what makes it ignorant.

It isn't a reason, just a side observation.

My last lady friend was a single MOM. The fact she was a single MOM had nothing to do with my dating her. The fact we had things in common, found each-other attractive, and were both available was the deciding factor.

While we're on the subject of reason's for dating. How many women out there would date a guy that was dirt poor? Or at least had less money than YOU?

Would not dating a poor guy be any less ignorant than what you pointed out?

Or one shorter than you?

Or any other number of "reasons" I could point out?

TekChik

Jan 15, 2003
;)

My last lady friend was a single MOM. The fact she was a single MOM had nothing to do with my dating her. The fact we had things in common, found each-other attractive, and were both available was the deciding factor.

While we're on the subject of reason's for dating. How many women out there would date a guy that was dirt poor? Or at least had less money than YOU?

Or one shorter than you?

yes, those reasons would be just as ignorant. that's why i made my original comments about the posts here - because they appeared to NOT be based on the factors you mentioned. what you said about your last gf was exactly why people should date each other. that's what i try to base my relationships on. most guys i date make less money than i do...that's not really a factor for me, as i'm not dating just to find someone to take care of me. i'd rather they didnt, actually.

FWIW...

Brutuskend

Lifer
Apr 2, 2001
;)

Or one shorter than you?

yes, those reasons would be just as ignorant. that's why i made my original comments about the posts here - because they appeared to NOT be based on the factors you mentioned. what you said about your last gf was exactly why people should date each other. that's what i try to base my relationships on. most guys i date make less money than i do...that's not really a factor for me, as i'm not dating just to find someone to take care of me. i'd rather they didnt, actually.

FWIW...

:wine: Kudos to you then!

Assuming that the guys who made those comments about "putting Out" were serious though... well do you ACTUALLY believe they WERE?

Guys are guys, and as all you women know, we say dumb things ALL the time.(sometimes just to get a chuckle) Doesn't mean we MEAN them though. ;)

TekChik

Jan 15, 2003
;)

Or one shorter than you?

FWIW...

Assuming that the guys who made those comments about "putting Out" were serious though... well do you ACTUALLY believe they WERE?

Guys are guys, and as all you women know, we say dumb things ALL the time.(sometimes just to get a chuckle) Doesn't mean we MEAN them though. ;)

I DO know guys...and i'd put money on probably 80% of the guys that made those comments being serious...even if they were said in a joking way, they probably still wouldnt date a single mom for the reason they put. that's fine - i dont really care...i just wouldnt date them - which was the whole point of my original post...LOL.

you guys are all hilarious, btw...makes work less boring :)

WannaFly

Platinum Member
Jan 14, 2003

And we all know once we say them its too late to take them back, even if it was the dumbest thing ever

:evil:

lokiju

Lifer
May 29, 2003
I voted maybe, since it really depends on the situation, I'd usually say no to this question, but if she'd be willing to have a kid with me also (assuming we planned on getting married) then I'd be more likely to do it, so to speak.

Brutuskend

Lifer
Apr 2, 2001
Originally posted by: Sysadmin
At my age there would be no other option :D

Sysadmin

Exactly!

My guess is that at least 90% of the guys that said the would NOT date a single MOM were in their 20's or under. Believe me, your views WILL change as you get older!

And as far as the guys who said "You know they put out" (including myself), I doubt VERY much that they were serious. How many people out there, male OR female DON'T "put out"eventually?
rolleye.gif
We are after all sexual beings.

I dated my last lady friend for QUITE some time before we DID have sex. And SHE had a kid. The fact that she did had no bearing on how soon she was willing to commit to that degree.

For those who actually believed I was serious with my comment, you don't know ME very well now do you! ;)

BTW: Just because a dog once bit someone, does NOT automatically mean that it will bite YOU!!!

TekChik

Jan 15, 2003

BTW: Just because a dog once bit someone, does NOT automatically mean that it will bite YOU!!!

Sure...but if there's other dogs there and i realllly want to pet a dog, i think i'll go pet a dog that i haven't seen bite someone. call me crazy...LOL.

it is true, i dont know you. but if all you know of someone is what is on a screen, then that's all you can go by.

;)

Brutuskend

Lifer
Apr 2, 2001

Sure...but if there's other dogs there and i realllly want to pet a dog, i think i'll go pet a dog that i haven't seen bite someone. call me crazy...LOL.

it is true, i dont know you. but if all you know of someone is what is on a screen, then that's all you can go by.

;)

I think you may have misunderstood my analogy.

Just because a dog once bit someone (Just because a woman has a kid and at one time had sex with someone) etc... :p

TekChik

Jan 15, 2003

;)

Just because a dog once bit someone (Just because a woman has a kid and at one time had sex with someone) etc... :p

oooohhhhh...LOL

yeah, that was kinda obtuse.

anyway, we don't need to belabor this. i think we both understand each other, and i'm sure we're both wonderful human beings. :D

you're definitely right about people being more open about these kinds of things as they get older, tho.

Brutuskend

Lifer
Apr 2, 2001

;)

oooohhhhh...LOL

anyway, we don't need to belabor this. i think we both understand each other, and i'm sure we're both wonderful human beings. :D

you're definitely right about people being more open about these kinds of things as they get older, tho.

Well, it's been FUN!

But off to work I go.

Have a nice day.

If you want to that is! ;)

TekChik

Jan 15, 2003

;)

oooohhhhh...LOL

Well, it's been FUN!

But off to work I go.

Have a nice day.

If you want to that is! ;)

aaawwwwww :(

have a great weekend

MaxDepth

Diamond Member
Jun 12, 2001
Naw, I like dating more than one MILF!
:)

I nearly peed the bed one morning when I woke up and there was a little boy holding a blanket and asking me where his mom was!!! :Q:Q:Q:Q

I hooked up with a girl the night before. She was someone that I had seen out a lot before and never really talked to her. We went back to her place and had our fun. Then that morning I get the real rude awakening. It turns out she was living with a housemate who has a little boy. :|

To be honest, if she had told me upfront about her living arrangements, I would have either asked her back to my place or told her no.

WannaFly

Platinum Member
Jan 14, 2003
My guess is that at least 90% of the guys that said the would NOT date a single MOM were in their 20's or under. Believe me, your views WILL change as you get older!

What? There are people over 30 that post here? nonsense. :D

I'll agree with that comment, I was thinking the exact same thing. As some of the previous posters mentioned, you have to be mature enough to deal with the kid also (if you are together for any length of time). I'm almost 24 and I know i'm too selfish with my time to want to deal with kids right now but I think i'd be willing if I liked the girl enough.

TekChik

Jan 15, 2003
Originally posted by: WannaFly

What? There are people over 30 that post here? nonsense. :D

I'll agree with that comment, I was thinking the exact same thing. As some of the previous posters mentioned, you have to be mature enough to deal with the kid also (if you are together for any length of time). I'm almost 24 and I know i'm too selfish with my time to want to deal with kids right now but I think i'd be willing if I liked the girl enough.

you totally hit the nail on the head, so to speak. the guy i've been dating for the past few months is almost 7 years younger than i am. i have an almost 4 yr old daughter and he'd never been around kids before. i could tell that he was very uncomfortable around her at first, but he liked me enough to take it slow and take the time to discuss the questions he had about how to handle things. he's come a LONG way in just a few months, to the point where he admits actually LIKING to hang out with her when he and i cant go out alone. it helps that she's adorable and warms up to people very easily, but still...it's been a positive situation for both of us so far.