Would you be pissed of a K-Mart or Walmart didn't take care of their restrooms?

Nocturnal

Lifer
Jan 8, 2002
I was just told by a customer to be a witness of what she is telling the general manager on duty. She just told her straight up that the women's bathroom is filthy, that there is no paper to wipe your hands, there is no running water, and that it's been like that for about a week now. She was pissed due to SARS. I truly DO NOT blame her. If you read in the news about SARS scientists are now saying that it causes permanent lung damage. That sucks!!

I don't blame her at all. I feel that something needs to be done. But, this community is shared and split between the ghetto area, and the rich, new area.

I seriously don't blame her though.

Shaftatplanetquake

Diamond Member
Aug 8, 2000
Uh yeah, the place has a restroom for customers it should be kept in good clean condition. If the business can't handle that then they shouldn't have a public restroom.

Aves

Lifer
Feb 7, 2001
Originally posted by: Nocturnal
Would you be pissed of a K-Mart or Walmart didn't take care of their restrooms?

They don't. Not around here anyway.

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001
That's the trouble of shopping in stores that need their own zip code and paying the workers in those stores poverty wages.

Spac3d

Banned
Jul 3, 2001
I shop at Walmart and chose not to use their restrooms. I would drive home first or walk next door to Best Buy (do they have restrooms? :Q)

AvesPKS

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2000
Robert A. Heinlien made a comment to the effect of, "public restrooms not being kept up is a reflection of the decline of society."

Mill

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
In my entire life I have never been forced to use the bathroom anywhere that I didn't want to. Typically, the Walmart and Kmart stores around here have filthy bathrooms(minus of course your nicer areas).

If she was concerned about SARS she is WAY overreacting.

Kelemvor

Lifer
May 23, 2002
And K-Mart wonders why it had to go into bankrupcy? Maybe WI is different but around here every KMart is the biggest dump full of trash of any store around. Wal Mart isn't much better. Target (which has better items and prices anyway) is always a hell of a lot cleaner and a more respectable store IMHO.

hdeck

Lifer
Sep 26, 2002
you have a better chance of winning the lottery than you doing of catching SARS.

stormbv

Diamond Member
Dec 23, 2000
My mom went into a bathroom in a store the other day (don't remember which store) and there was a turd on the floor of the stall. Now THAT is nasty!