Would you be OK with work camps for illegal immigrants?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
The only holding camps I would be OK with would be the ones to house them while their deportation back to wherever they came from can be secured. The countries they come from should either be sent a bill for their expenses or have their foreign aid reduced to compensate. It is time for the stupid shit our government does to STOP.

I already have many issues with giving billions of dollars to countries who fuck us up the ass.
I never put the illegal alien problem together with that, thats a good point actually.

The main reason other nations step all over us is because we let them. Then they turn around and call us murderers and thieves.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
I guess I'm insane. I wouldn't cry if there was a death penalty for illegal border crossing.

Damn, I thought I was a hard ass.
I just want them out. I'd fully support rounding them up on busses and shipping them out by the hundreds.
But I dont wanna kill them or beat them or rape them or anything else while they are here.

Round them all up, send them home in a box. Pine box or box car...it's up to them. (bill them and/or their families for the transportation, and the bullet if that's their choice)

oh wait...I forgot. Not liking illegal immigrants makes me a racist on these boards.:rolleyes:

So be it.

Deeko

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000
If by work camps you mean busses back to Mexico, then I'm all for it!

TallBill

Lifer
Apr 29, 2001
Round them all up, send them home in a box. Pine box or box car...it's up to them. (bill them and/or their families for the transportation, and the bullet if that's their choice)

oh wait...I forgot. Not liking illegal immigrants makes me a racist on these boards.:rolleyes:

So be it.

Glad that someone else sees the light. This isn't about hating Mexicans, this is about hating people illegally entering our country! Fuck them.

waffleironhead

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2005
Ever heard of human rights? Anyone who thinks this is a good idea is insane.

Edit - this is assuming they are prisoners in the camp, which is implied with the sentence "They would stay at the camp until their asylum claims are decided, which could take months or years." If they are free to leave at any time, then it's not really a human rights violation, but still seems a little strange.

Well they are breaking the law. So it would be a prison camp. No human rights would be violated by holding them because they are prisoners who broke the law.

zanejohnson

Diamond Member
Nov 29, 2002
Well they are breaking the law. So it would be a prison camp. No human rights would be violated by holding them because they are prisoners who broke the law.

yeah than this is a fuckin stupid idea.

one of the only things gifted to us by being born human is free will.. which to me means being able to go wherever i choose on this Earth... and locking people up for trying to move to another place to better themselves is a crime, then we are stepping on free will...

sorry i'll pass.

Ronstang

Lifer
Jul 8, 2000
yeah than this is a fuckin stupid idea.

one of the only things gifted to us by being born human is free will.. which to me means being able to go wherever i choose on this Earth... and locking people up for trying to move to another place to better themselves is a crime, then we are stepping on free will...

sorry i'll pass.

You are not one I would expect to understand laws so I will leave it at this.

DaWhim

Lifer
Feb 3, 2003
what OP proposing sound like slavery.

how about we just create a 2nd class citizen where they can't vote and get benefits?

Leros

Lifer
Jul 11, 2004
what OP proposing sound like slavery.

how about we just create a 2nd class citizen where they can't vote and get benefits?

An illegal immigrant is not a citizen at all, let alone a 2nd class citizen.

(not saying I think slavery is a good idea, but just pointing this out)

Mike Gayner

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2007
Wow, Americans really hate mexicans, huh?

DeyTukkURJamez.jpg

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Wow, Americans really hate mexicans, huh?
No we dont.
But we frequently hear that because dealing with the real issue is a topic bleeding-heart liberals cant win. So they call us racists and claim other nonsense to obscure the real issue.

And it works great. Cuz if you're a white american and you get labeled "racist" ANYTHING you say after that is automatically bad and worth ignoring.

Aquaman

Lifer
Dec 17, 1999
How about for the homeless?

I would be all for that......... give them a place to stay that is safe and food and medical for work done.

Get them back on their feet and back into society.

Maybe I'm too much of an idealist.

Cheers,
Aquaman

Aquaman

Lifer
Dec 17, 1999
How about for the homeless?

I would be all for that......... give them a place to stay that is safe and food and medical for work done.

Get them back on their feet and back into society.

Maybe I'm too much of an idealist.

Cheers,
Aquaman

Well except for the detaining part........ they are citizens after all :)

Cheers,
Aquaman

Mike Gayner

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2007
No we dont.
But we frequently hear that because dealing with the real issue is a topic bleeding-heart liberals cant win. So they call us racists and claim other nonsense to obscure the real issue.

And it works great. Cuz if you're a white american and you get labeled "racist" ANYTHING you say after that is automatically bad and worth ignoring.

I know what you mean. You suggest that we round up wet backs and force them into labor camps, and all of a sudden you're labelled a racist. It's so hard being a white middle class American these days.

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
Lemme see. Businesses or even the government get free labor from illegal immigrants?

Ha. You think its bad now, if that were the case the government would send the Border Patrol to Kansas so the illegals could just come in without that pesky inconvenience of sneaking thru.

yinan

Golden Member
Jan 12, 2007
No, they should be shot on site. They are illegal invaders of our once soveriegn nation.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
I know what you mean. You suggest that we round up wet backs and force them into labor camps, and all of a sudden you're labelled a racist. It's so hard being a white middle class American these days.
Well, I dunno about that, since I didnt suggest we round them up for forced labor. Nor did I suggest we shoot them on sight.
I wanted to kick them out.

Kirby

Lifer
Apr 10, 2006
We need to tell them that they are all receiving honorary citizenship. Get them to come to a location, put them on trains, and send them back to their shithole.