Would tmobile care if I swapped sims on a return?

Mar 15, 2003
I preordered a 6s plus on back in mid-September and am getting impatient, I *really* don't like my current phone because the battery barely gets through half a day. My wife got her 6s plus - would t-mobile care if i use her old phone (iphone 6) until my replacement comes in, or is that something I have to get their approval on first?

They're not giving me a real date on when to expect my new phone and, based on the shifting vague window, I'm thinking t-mobile WAY under-estimated demand and I'm looking at post-Christmas. FYI, DON"T order a 6s plus from tmobile, they're severely understocked and overly optimistic with their estimates, and I should have gone through Apple directly

Chocu1a

Golden Member
Jun 24, 2009
Just pop your sim in. They don't care what phone you use as long as it is compatible with their network.

Oyeve

Lifer
Oct 18, 1999
Swap it. I use a verizon branded note 4 with my tmobile sim. Works perfect. When I log into my tmobile they dont even know what phone I use.

paperwastage

Golden Member
May 25, 2010
Swap it. I use a verizon branded note 4 with my tmobile sim. Works perfect. When I log into my tmobile they dont even know what phone I use.

T-mobile was able to detect my Verizon LG G Pad 8.3 on the free 200MB line...

but yeah, t-mobile doesn't care what device you use (other than no tablet devices on phone line and vice versa)