Would this gaming laptop be good for streaming

Ybgsav

Jan 31, 2021
Ok so I found a laptop on Amazon ,
Acer Aspire 5 Slim Laptop, 15.6" Full HD IPS Display, AMD Ryzen 5 3500U, Vega 8 Graphics, 8GB DDR4, 256GB SSD, Backlit Keyboard, Windows 10 Home, A515-43-R5RE, Silver

And I know it’s a gaming laptop but I was also wondering if it would be a laptop that I could use a elgato and stream from my console with, and stream at 1080p with animated overlays

damian101

Aug 11, 2020
I definitely wouldn't call it a gaming laptop. It has no dedicated GPU. Pre-4000 Ryzen also doesn't have the best CPU gaming performance. Shouldn't matter much on a 60Hz display though.
The integrated GPU however is very good, adding a second memory module might increase performance significantly as it doubles the memory bandwidth because of dual-channel.

Virtually any computer can capture a video stream from an Elgato capture card, reencode the video stream and stream it over the internet. Software encoders like x264 work on every system and run on the CPU, while hardware encoders make use of specialized hardware for encoding, which is part of a GPU in most cases. The integrated GPU of the 3500u already has the VCN 1.0 encoder which supports full H.264 encoding. Hardware encoders generally perform excellent and efficiently when encoding high bit rate video but are left behind in quality-to-bit-rate ratio when encoding to lower bit rates.

rickysmith-tth

Feb 10, 2021
First of all, I want to say that this Acer Aspire 5 is not a gaming laptop. And I don't think that this laptop can handle Elgato and stream from your console. But you can use this laptop for light gaming or streaming which does not require a dedicated graphics card.