Would I like Baldur's Gate 2? How about D&D Temple of Elemental Evil?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

bigalt

Golden Member
Oct 12, 2000
Originally posted by: WinkOsmosis
The BG1 graphics are horrible. I tried to play it the other day and I couldn't bare it. First of all it was 640x480. Second, the gameplay area was about half the screen area.

you can use bg1tutu to play the first using the second one's engine, it makes it a lot more bearable.

trmiv

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
"A den of STINKING evil... Cover your nose, Boo! We will leave no crevice untouched!"

amoeba

Diamond Member
Aug 7, 2003
Originally posted by: PipBoy
Put Minsc as the lead character in your party, his response is hilarious.

his charisma is too low thus ruining a lot of your bargaining chances.

Gyrene

Banned
Jun 6, 2002
Originally posted by: amoeba
Originally posted by: PipBoy
Put Minsc as the lead character in your party, his response is hilarious.

his charisma is too low thus ruining a lot of your bargaining chances.

Note: Charm ring found in the Circus tent at the end of chapter 1 raises Charisma to 18.

FungusFeet

Aug 11, 2003
Despite the horrible graphics and repetitive gameplay, I found Gauntlet Legends for GCN VERY addicting.

BigJ

Lifer
Nov 18, 2001
Planescape: Torment > *. BGII with the Exp was also very enjoyable. ToEE wasn't that bad as long as you could handle all the bugs.

Wingznut

Elite Member
Dec 28, 1999
Downloaded the trial version of D&D Temple of Elemental Evil... Bah, too much micromanaging for my tastes.

Went to Target and picked up the BG2 collection. Hopefully I'll get the chance to check it out later tonight. :)