Would I enjoy Just Cause 2 or 3 as a shooter...?

Stringjam

Golden Member
Jun 30, 2011
Totally different games. Just Cause is all about creating mayhem and playing with the outrageous mechanics.

I personally had a blast with JustCause2 for about 20 hours, and then I was totally done with it.

FarCry3 and 4 have a lot more depth and story interest, IMO.

Still, if you can get it cheap, JustCause2 is a fun romp for awhile. I haven't play JC3 so no comment there.

Last edited:

BlitzPuppet

Platinum Member
Feb 4, 2012
Both are mindless, but I think the Just Cause series is the more fun one of the bunch because it's so ridiculously silly.

Far Cry for me (2 onward) has always been a drag and felt a lot like a grind for something that isn't an RPG)

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Far Cry 2 sucks because you spend most of the game with that stupid radio hunting for diamonds.

Far Cry 4 lets you do whatever you want for money, and the weapons are better as well (they dont break after shooting one magazine).

Heck, you could just forage plants and skin animals to make money for all the good weapons THEN go and assault outposts at your leisure. Or you could take on the enemy directly and find many of the weapons without paying for them, then using your spoils of war to pay for the upgrades.

AND
roadblocks dont pop up 5 minutes after you clear them out.

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
JC games are terrible shooters, but fun games for other reasons. If you're looking for good shooting mechanics, stay away from JC

DaveSimmons

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2001
I'm not a hardcore FPS player but I enjoyed JC 2 as a shooter and stuff-blower-upper :)

The most annoying thing about JC 2 (and 3?) is that it's a console style save system, and you lose any special cars, boats, planes that you've paid in-game money to buy when you load a saved game. "Buy" a sports car, play for awhile, save. Come back the next day and your car is gone.

cbrunny

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 2007
Yeah JC is not a shooter. But it's still one of the most fun games I've played in years.

cbrunny

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 2007
I'm not a hardcore FPS player but I enjoyed JC 2 as a shooter and stuff-blower-upper :)

The most annoying thing about JC 2 (and 3?) is that it's a console style save system, and you lose any special cars, boats, planes that you've paid in-game money to buy when you load a saved game. "Buy" a sports car, play for awhile, save. Come back the next day and your car is gone.

Dont remember that form JC2 but that's been fixed for JC3. You can drop any car, boat, plane, bike, etc. from the sky using beacons which regenerate easily. You have to collect it, but it is still fun to collect them too. They've tried to hide some of them around and force you to get creative to move boats out of inland lakes and stuff. Super fun.