Would I be able to connect two fans together Molex-wise?

Discussion in 'Computer Help' started by eojinlim, Dec 6, 2006.

1. eojinlim

eojinlim Senior member

It's a rather dumb question but I would like to know whether you can connect two case fans together (male molex of one case fan connected to female molex of another case fan) and connect those two to one molex connector connected to the power supply. I'm running rather thin on molex connecters and I was wondering whether I would face dire consequences if I ran two case fans over just one power supply molex connector, rather than connecting two two case fans separately to two molex connectors from the psu.

2. bruceb

bruceb Diamond Member

You can put both fans in Parallel with no problems ... that is how they will end up anyway
    if you use two seperate molexs on the power supply .. they give you seperate connectors
    in case fans are in different spots in the case .. electrically it should not matter .. if they run on
    DC Voltage match the polarity lugs or one fan will end up going the wrong direction

3. lenjack

lenjack Platinum Member

Do it...it will work fine.

4. eojinlim

eojinlim Senior member

oh, alright. Thanks for the replies everyone. On another note, what 40mm case fan would you recommend to cool the northbridge chipset on the ds3?