Would anyone happen to have an Ultima 8 CD laying around?

SunnyD

Belgian Waffler
Jan 2, 2001
www.neftastic.com
I have had the really strange urge to play Ultima 8 again, and I used to have the CD for it... actually 2 CD's (one from the original Ultima 8 package, and a second when I bought Ultima 9 way back when). They're gone! I've moved probably about 8 times since I last played. I still have the cloth map, but no more CD!

Anyone?

Dethfrumbelo

Golden Member
Nov 16, 2004
You can get the Ultima Collection, which has 1-8 all on one CD. A few years ago, I picked one up for around $15 on eBay. The retail price is around $50, so you may have to hunt around for a decent price.

SunnyD

Belgian Waffler
Jan 2, 2001
www.neftastic.com
:( I found a copy on an abandonware site, but it's the French version. Abandonia said it's ESA protected... I found a second one, but it's packed as a self-exe, so I'm kinda weary of that.

DaveSimmons

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2001
GameTap might have it, but their website is down for me right now so I can't check.

Edit: nope, just 1 - 6.

Bateluer

Lifer
Jun 23, 2001
I'm honestly surprised the Ultima games aren't freely available. Extremely old games should just be made free ware.

Like EA, making the C&C Gold game free for DL on their site.

cheetoden

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Bateluer
I'm honestly surprised the Ultima games aren't freely available. Extremely old games should just be made free ware.

I think giving away the old games would spark interest in the newer games and create sales.

Bateluer

Lifer
Jun 23, 2001
Originally posted by: cheetoden

I think giving away the old games would spark interest in the newer games and create sales.

Exactly, free positive publicity.

Vampirrella

Golden Member
Apr 5, 2001
i loved Ultima 4 with a passion, the best one in the series IMO If they could remake that with a new graphic engine, i'd buy it all over again.

SunnyD

Belgian Waffler
Jan 2, 2001
www.neftastic.com
Originally posted by: cheetoden

Exactly, free positive publicity.

They have no incentive to do that, as there will NEVER be another Ultima game coming out again. EA cannot use the franchise to extend the series without Richard Garriott's permission, and vice versa. Marketting Ultima as "free" makes no sense, as it won't hype up anything EA has coming down the pipe.