Worth it to have 1SSD with Hard drives?

Technerdd

Jul 14, 2013
Is it Worth it to have 1SSD with Hard drives? I have a 500GB and 230GB hard drive if I got a 90 GB SSD would it be worth it just to have it? It would be too expensive if I just went all SSD because I need lot of memory. Thanks

Sunburn74

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2009
Yes. the benefits of having your OS on the SSD area still there. If money is a big issue, focus less on the raw performance of a SSD and more on capacity. The difference in real world daily use between the highest end/highest perfomance SSD and middle of the pack, high capacity SSDs is almost neglible. Case in point moving from 1st gen intel x-25ms to vertex 3s, I noticed no real world performance difference, despite doubling all my benchmarks.

If I were in your shoes, I'd just grab the cheapeast 128gb SSD with a decent warranty I could find and call it a day.

Technerdd

Jul 14, 2013
Yes. the benefits of having your OS on the SSD area still there. If money is a big issue, focus less on the raw performance of a SSD and more on capacity. The difference in real world daily use between the highest end/highest perfomance SSD and middle of the pack, high capacity SSDs is almost neglible. Case in point moving from 1st gen intel x-25ms to vertex 3s, I noticed no real world performance difference, despite doubling all my benchmarks.

If I were in your shoes, I'd just grab the cheapeast 128gb SSD with a decent warranty I could find and call it a day.

Thanks I'm looking at them right now so Ill prob snag a 128gb SSD !!!

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
Samsung has a few good 256 GBs that are fairly cheap as well. 128 is big enough for the OS, your regular stuff and one or 2 games though.