Worst thing you've ever done to your pet?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Xylitol

Diamond Member
Aug 28, 2005
Originally posted by: b0mbrman
Originally posted by: HotChic

Actually, after the dane chewed up my wallet, I smacked him with the wallet several times, yelled at him, then left him in his travel cage for a while with the chewed-up wallet in clear view. I was very sad to do it :(

Pics of dane? :D

Sure, let me find them.

hummer.JPG

Reminds me of a hybrid between a dane and a dalmation

ggnl

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2004
When I lived in an efficiency apartment and couldn't lock my cats out of my room at night, I would occasionally throw them in a running shower if they were misbehaving while I tried to sleep.

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
We had stray cats in an old nieghborhood where I used to live. Saying nothing to incrinate myself, one of the cats somehow ended up with the number "6" spray painted on both sides of it. It was a racing cat.

The paint only stayed on for about two weeks.

tfinch2

Lifer
Feb 3, 2004
Once Luci (my dog) grabbed my flip-flop right off of my foot and ran like hell with it. She was in one of those psycho moods where can't slow her down for about 15 minutes. I finally got it back later that day semi-chewed up, and I spanked the hell out of her with it.

AreaCode707

Lifer
Sep 21, 2001

Actually, after the dane chewed up my wallet, I smacked him with the wallet several times, yelled at him, then left him in his travel cage for a while with the chewed-up wallet in clear view. I was very sad to do it :(

Sure, let me find them.

hummer.JPG

What a beautiful harlequin merle! How old is he?

b0mbrman

Lifer
Jun 1, 2001

Sure, let me find them.

hummer.JPG

Just turned ten months :)

pnad

May 23, 2006
I left the dog out in the van overnight once. She loves car rides and jumps in any chance she gets. She must have gotten in there when we were getting the grocerys out. I went downstairs to watch a movie and assumed the the dog was upstairs with the wife. She of course assumed the dog was with me :(

So

Lifer
Jul 2, 2001
Originally posted by: Shawn
I threw my cat in the pool before to see if she could swim. She could swim just fine, but she wasn't too happy about it.

I wonder why animals can instinctively swim and people can't; they have to learn.

Could have to do with the type of animal...can monkeys instinctively swim?

Actually, I understand that humans CAN instinctively swim, even infants, just not well. I mean, can't everyone pretty much, float and dogpaddle, even for a little while?

Anyway, cruelest thing I ever did a pet? Well, I haven't had a pet since I was 13, and I'm pretty sure I never did anything particularly cruel to him. But my mother worked at an animal hospital part time when I was young, and I remember having to stay there (and out of the way) for a few hours, once a week, until my dad got off work. I remember there being this monster of a cat, that they kept in the back room. They were too kind to euthanize it and nobody wanted it (I think eventually they had to put it down). Anyway, anytime I went into the back room (which was open to the basement) the cat would attack and bite me. Finally, I recall it charging at me up the stairs (I was maybe 8 or 9) one day, and I just couldn't resist. I reflexively punted it. It kinda tumbled halfway down the stairs. It was fine, of course, but it decided I wasn't worth it after that, and we had an uneasy truce.

Looking back, I can't believe I did such a thing, as I am really slow to anger, but I guess that cat really pissed me off. :(

AreaCode707

Lifer
Sep 21, 2001

Sure, let me find them.

hummer.JPG

Odessa is about six months but these pics were taken at four months
Pic 2
Pic 3

murban135

Platinum Member
Apr 7, 2003
I had a dog that loved to chase snowballs but she didn't like going on the ice of the pond. So one day I threw a snowball onto the ice to tease her. To my surprise, she takes a flying leap off the bank, onto the ice and plunges through. Luckily, she was able to get out of water and was fine.

joecool

Platinum Member
Apr 2, 2001
my doctor told me i'm not supposed to talk to anyone about that. my parol officer said the same thing.

b0mbrman

Lifer
Jun 1, 2001

Sure, let me find them.

hummer.JPG

Odessa is about six months but these pics were taken at four months
Pic 2
Pic 3

How cute :)

They're wonderful, aren't they? I wouldn't expect such a big dog to be so friendly and playful but Hummer's such a sweetheart...

poopaskoopa

Diamond Member
Sep 12, 2000
When I was in high school I put my stepsister's cat in the dryer and turned it on. I didn't want to be cruel so I set it to "No Heat".

AreaCode707

Lifer
Sep 21, 2001

How cute :)

They're wonderful, aren't they? I wouldn't expect such a big dog to be so friendly and playful but Hummer's such a sweetheart...

They really are great dogs. Not always the brightest, but definitely sweet and personality filled. It's hard to punish them when they give that guilty repentent look.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
i was hitting tennis balls for my labrador with a baseball bat. my sister was holding onto him. he'd see me toss that tennis ball into the air and start after it before i swung it, but because my sister was holding on he couldn't go until the ball had been hit. well, my sister isn't the most physically competent person. you can figure out what happened.

dog was fine, but my father beat my ass pretty bad because my sister ran in yelling, 'michael just hit the dog in the head with a baseball bat!'

NuclearNed

Raconteur
May 18, 2001
I had a skunk loach (a type of fish) that jumped out of his tank. I didn't know he was flopping around on the floor, and I stepped on him. Somehow I recognized quickly enough that I was standing on a fish that I was able to not put any real pressure down. I threw him back in the tank, and he lived for a couple more years.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
had his balls cut off (ok ok just had him fixed).

raised mice/rats for food for a snake. that was a little mean.

when i was younger i put a hamster in a microwave with my friends Bernard Bernoulli, Hoagie, and such..