Worst EA Sports glitches?

JonB-School

Apr 18, 2012
Last edited:

Karstein

Mar 31, 2011
The weight bug in the Genesis version of NHL '94. Basically, it makes light players stay up like brick walls, and powerhouses like Lindros get flattened by a light breeze. So you have a bunch of featherweight guys like Fleury being both speedy and able to dominate their way through any checks.

MrDuma

Nov 23, 2011
for me it was the corner goals n the older FIFA series; same position scoring over and over again!

Sulaco

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2003
Soooooo....what's the deal with the EA obsession?

New member, nothing but posts about EA and EA-related games/issues. Starting to smell a rat here...

Sulaco

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2003
It seams that EA hate is overrated these days :p

EA has been overrated for the last decade or so. Outside of NHL, which I hear is really quite good (not a hockey fan, so I can't say), most all of their other sports franchises are terrible (see: Their "on-hold" NBA Live/Elite game, their cancelled NCAA B-Ball games), or stagnating to an awful degree (See: Madden and NCAA Football).

Canbacon

Dec 24, 2007
EA has been overrated for the last decade or so. Outside of NHL, which I hear is really quite good (not a hockey fan, so I can't say), most all of their other sports franchises are terrible (see: Their "on-hold" NBA Live/Elite game, their cancelled NCAA B-Ball games), or stagnating to an awful degree (See: Madden and NCAA Football).

You omitted the best sports franchise that EA has that evolved to beat out their competitor outright: FIFA. Pro EVO, from Konami, completely stagnated and is in decline, while FIFA has been on the rise and is evolving. Granted, FIFA 12 may be considered a step back but I think it was a good direction to change up the AI/Collision mechanics to a more robust engine. FIFA 13 will be a test to see if they can iron out the bugs from the new collision engine and finally fix the Manager Mode.

RPD

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2009
The last time I bought an EA game was Madden 2002 for the PS2. I was playing againsted someone online, they were Denver and, literally every play with his 3 man rush, 1 guy would get through untouched for a sack EVERY, PLAY. I couldn't do anything about it. Run play, pass play, didn't matter.

Sulaco

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2003
The last time I bought an EA game was Madden 2002 for the PS2. I was playing againsted someone online, they were Denver and, literally every play with his 3 man rush, 1 guy would get through untouched for a sack EVERY, PLAY. I couldn't do anything about it. Run play, pass play, didn't matter.

Biggest reason I will never play online again.

No one plays FOOTBALL. They play "what-are-the-gamiest-ways-to-exploit-the-game" ball.

JonB-School

Apr 18, 2012
Soooooo....what's the deal with the EA obsession?

New member, nothing but posts about EA and EA-related games/issues. Starting to smell a rat here...

If you read my other thread I'm doing a financial analysis of EA for my MBA program. So ya, I kind of have to be obsessed with EA.

Sulaco

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2003
If you read my other thread I'm doing a financial analysis of EA for my MBA program. So ya, I kind of have to be obsessed with EA.

In that case, I'm happy to help.

As far as glitches are concerned, every game has them. That's not a big deal. If you're curious WHY there is so much hate and vitriol directed towards EA by the 'community', it's not as much the fact that these glitches exist, but that they PERSIST in game after game after game. Some of these issues have been around for the past 3-4 entries in a series, and fans have called it to EA's attention (if they are at all paying attention), but it's seemingly ignored. It can't be THAT hard to fix.