~~~~ WORLD TRADE CENTER thread continued ~~~~

Balt

Lifer
Mar 12, 2000
I suggest people change their sig (if they so desire) to some sort of supportive message.

CuriousAndy

Banned
May 28, 2001
political newbie here

1. Will this lead to some type of War? WWIII? which could change our very lives?
2. Who are the primary suspects?
3. Just what is gonna happen in the future of US from now on???

could anyone kindly give me an knowledged answer?

~andy

MrBond

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2000

<< it seems like a Tom Clancy film but it isn't >>

In the book Tom Clancy wrote right before "Executive Orders," a terrorist hijacks a passanger plane and crashes it into the Capitol Building during the state of the union adress. This morning when I got up (alarm went off at 8:45), I turned on CBS just to catch the weather on my local news (comes on at 8:55 normally). Bryant Gumbal was saying a plane hit the WTC, and I immediatly thought about that book.

So in a sense, it IS a Tom Clancy plot...

SendTrash

Platinum Member
Apr 18, 2000
Do you guys think this event will lead to a new era of American Isolationism?

Just as Pearl Harbor opened up America to the duty of World Police, do you think that america's focus will be now to protect its own shores?

E36M3

Banned
Jan 28, 2001
I have and FTP dedicated to pics and info on this terrible tragedy. People have been doing a great job of uploading pics and assorted. Keep it up! I think I am still in shock from all of this! Any one of these sequence of events would be considered a tragedy of epic proportions. But all of them together is unfathomable.

ftp = gamestyle.dns2go.com (files/files)

Feel free to view and download anything you want. It also contains a few motion clips and any pics I se any ehere else. Upload anything that you think is pertinent.

JP

Our hearts go out to all those affected by this terrible tragedy. May they all rest in peace.

dcdomain

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2000
I was feeling a bit removed from all the chaos and hatred expressed by fellow members since we still have not found a target/origin of these terrorist acts. However, I just got done watching the video of the Palestinians celebrating in the streets. POS's! Responsible or not, I'd love to go tear them apart. I'll be dancing in the streets when those fvcks get their asses whooped. Hope they are responsible and die a horrible death.

airmax

Feb 24, 2000
I think we should share a moment of silent to all those who lost life in New York and Washington, DC and a sincerely respect to all those who give all they have to rescue people from the scene

:Q

BigSmooth

Lifer
Aug 18, 2000
Dear Lord. Today in Washington has been mayhem, I can only imagine what NYC is like. This incident was truly horrific. :(

rickn

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 1999
Palenstinians, in the holy city of Jerusalem, Celebrating the death of many innocent people.

I think Israel should wipe them people out once and for all

I am totally disgusted

TonTo

Banned
Jul 9, 2001
Ok, enough bickering,
we got guns, we got beer, lets go turn the middle east into a big goddamn parking lot.

just go at it old school style, no planes, no missles, just guns,

E36M3

Banned
Jan 28, 2001
It sickens me that the Palestinians in the footage on fox were rejoicing in the streets. My family was on the Observation Deck only 3 days ago. THey were in NYC watching the US Open.

Bless them all.

cnwk64

Banned
Jul 18, 2001
Whoever is responsble for this act is carzy,
American will not allow this kind of act go without punishment.
I think the WWIII is coming near you.

Ameesh

Lifer
Apr 3, 2001

<< Palenstinians, in the holy city of Jerusalem, Celebrating the death of many innocent people.

I think Israel should wipe them people out once and for all

I am totally disgusted
>>

they said on the news that they are passing out candy and telling people that god is great.

FettsBabe

Diamond Member
Oct 21, 1999
Where did you see the Palestinians celebrating (What channel, station, etc???)?

I hope the POS's are hurt. People like this don't deserve prison (its to easy). But yet so is killing them, so what do we do?

neovan

Diamond Member
Mar 8, 2001
This event will cause gasoline prices to skyrocket and change the way we board airplanes...it will probably take 3-5 hours now...airline tickets will also increase dramatically.

Sugadaddy

Banned
May 12, 2000

<< Where did you see the Palestinians celebrating (What channel, station, etc???)? >>

I think it was on FOX first, saw it on CNN just a few minutes ago...

Grminalac

Golden Member
Aug 25, 2000
I'm more disgusted than ever at the field day our media has when a disaster occurs. I'm tired of seeing big logos on every channel like AMERICA UNDER ATTACK, INVASION : TERRORISM. As well as pictures with crosshairs on a picture of the U.S. and the flag. Have some respect for those that died, worry about ratings later.

<< 1. Will this lead to some type of War? WWIII? which could change our very lives?
2. Who are the primary suspects?
3. Just what is gonna happen in the future of US from now on???

could anyone kindly give me an knowledged answer?

~andy
>>

Honestly, NO ONE knows at this point.

This event WILL change all of our lives forever.

JayPatel

Diamond Member
Jun 14, 2000
5th plane hijacked and crashed near cap david? can anyone confirm this? just heard it on local news.

Balt

Lifer
Mar 12, 2000
Oddly enough, I also thought about the Tom Clancy novel. I believe it was Debt of Honor.

I had kind of hoped that such things were "fiction" and not really possible, or that at least someone in the NSA/etc. would have read the book and wondered about such a possibility.

Apparently it is possible, however, and no one took a work of fiction seriously. :(

Rockhound

Oct 9, 1999
And your country was the only country that didnt sign the Kyoto's Protocol to reduce CO2 emission.

This is directed toward bauerbrazil...I beg to differ with you but no other country in the world ratified the Kyoto protocol except for Romania, so in essence your statement is completely false. Everyone likes to blame the US for this fiasco and yet where were all the other countries when it came to actually signing/ratifying it? Simply talking abou it is just that, talk.

Elledan

Banned
Jul 24, 2000

<< 1. Will this lead to some type of War? WWIII? which could change our very lives? >>

No World War unless some serious (political) mistakes are made. It's now a battle of the US vs. terrorists and not against any countries.

<< 2. Who are the primary suspects? >>

Terrorists. It must be a highly organized, influential and rich organization. So far all known terrorist groups who might have something against the US have denied any responsibility.

<< 3. Just what is gonna happen in the future of US from now on??? >>

Who knows? It might very well be that the US takes some more measures against terrorist attacks, which will later prove to work. Or not work.

I'm actually curious what kind of effect those attacks will have on the plans for this missile shield. We've now seen how effective such a shield would be against terrorist attacks, right?