World series ?

nickdakick

Platinum Member
Jun 27, 2000
I'm sitting here in Baseball diaspora. Could you please keep me informed ? How are the standings ? Who's gonna win ? :eek:

DataFly

Mar 12, 2000
WHITE SOX ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope they finally win this year...I was really pissed when I was elementary school and they kept getting sooo close to the World Series, only to have Toronto get in the way. Sadly, yesterday's game didn't help things much...:|:(

FrogDog

Diamond Member
Jan 12, 2000
BRAVES RULE.

nick: In the NL the division leaders are: Atlants, St. Louis and SanFran.
AL: NY, Chicago and Seatle.

prodigy

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Not the Yanks huh? With El Duque returning to his usual Sept./Oct. dominance, the Bronx Bombers now have 4 (four) quality starters, (Well OK, we'll count Neagle as 1/2 ;)), 3 1/2 quality starters. How many other teams have a middle lineup as power packed as the Yanks? Look at the 2-8 (Jeter, O' Neil, Bernie, Posada, Justice, Tino, Hill/Canseco). It should be an interesting October for us New Yorkers. :)

[EDIT]
Oh, I notice you're from San Diego, sorry about the Padres, will they get out of the basment this season? I seem to remember them last over .500 way back in April, seems like a long time doesn't it? ;)

prodigy

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Last month, I thought the Tigers were going to make a run for the Wildcard, but you're right, they seem to have run out of steam in Sept. Although that was an impressive trouncing of the Red Sux (;)) in that 2nd game of the double today. I wish Nomo would return to his form back when he was in LA.

prodigy

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Alright, so we're getting rocked today. That's why I only counted Neagle as half. Maybe I should downgrade him to a third. ;)