world in conflict saved games

trance247

Jan 17, 2006
i really need to do fresh install of windows asap, but not xp64 but a xp32 or vista 32...i don't want to loose my saves, anyone re-installed and they worked fine? thanks

techgamer

Sep 19, 2007
you should be able to find the save game directory files and back them up to a separate folder so they wont uninstall

IEC

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Jun 10, 2004
It's under the WiC folder as well as under My Documents\My Games\World in Conflict I believe. Shouldn't be hard to find and backup.

pcslookout

Lifer
Mar 18, 2007
Originally posted by: trance247
i really need to do fresh install of windows asap, but not xp64 but a xp32 or vista 32...i don't want to loose my saves, anyone re-installed and they worked fine? thanks

This is why you should have a main C: partition for only your Operating System and programs. Then a D: partition just for games. Just remember after installing all games to change the saved game directory to the D: partition somewhere.

That way whenever you want to do a reformat and reinstall windows you don't have to worry about formating your saved game as well because you will only have to format the C: partition. Of course you would make sure you moved all your data folders to another partition or hard drive so when you format the C: drive they don't get wipped out as well. For example all your email should not be stored on the C: drive inless you want to have to back it up every time before you do a complete format of the C: drive to reinstall windows. Same for bookmarks and so on.