WORLD EXCLUSIVE: Edmunds does Maybach!

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
at the same cost per horse power that would make a base civic 86 thousand dollars:)

N8Magic

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
That car (IMHO) is the pinnacle of automotive engineering.

A nearly 6,000lb. car that can do 0-60 in 5 seconds and have me sipping champagne in the comfort of a RECLINED la-z-boy in the back? Hell yeah!

If I was big money, i'd buy one in a second.

N8Magic

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Originally posted by: Windogg
Damn shame you get it just to pay someone to drive it for you.

The Maybach 57 is for the plebes that can't afford a driver. Only the Maybach 62 is meant to be chauffeur driven. :)

andylawcc

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
. And if after a fortnight of Heminwayesque indulgence I suddenly decide that Andreas' visage is just too ugly to contemplate, I could turn the partitioning glass opaque with the flick of a button.

Ditto for the optional panoramic sunroof which uses the same liquid crystals to turn translucent when switched on and opaque when the electricity is shut off. The large sunroof also has a retractable top with an electroluminescent membrane that diffuses light over its entire surface to brighten up the rear cabin at night.

jaw dropped.
saliva dripped.
mind lost.
[check piggy bank to see if I have enough quarters to afford the first down payment]

especially since a body panel probably costs as much as several Kias

:(

Ryan

Lifer
Oct 31, 2000
I have a feeling that bently has been replaced by the Maybach as a rappers #1 choice for the car that "Every BIG DAWG hasta have" ;)

D

Deleted member 4644

Who needs a college education, Ill pitch in all I got. If we can get about 10 more people to do the same we ought to be able to get it.

N8Magic

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Originally posted by: rbloedow
I have a feeling that bently has been replaced by the Maybach as a rappers #1 choice for the car that "Every BIG DAWG hasta have" ;)

Even rappers with their endless disposable income won't be able to afford this car.

No May-bling for the homies! :D

Dudd

Platinum Member
Aug 3, 2001
Originally posted by: N8Magic
Originally posted by: rbloedow

Even rappers with their endless disposable income won't be able to afford this car.

No May-bling for the homies! :D

Wrong my friend. I believe it was either Autoweek or Car and Driver who reported that the first shipment of Maybachs were almost exclusively reserved by rappers. It must be nice to have so much money and so little to spend it on.

N8Magic

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Originally posted by: Dudd

Wrong my friend. I believe it was either Autoweek or Car and Driver who reported that the first shipment of Maybachs were almost exclusively reserved by rappers. It must be nice to have so much money and so little to spend it on.

Hmm... didn't know that.

I figured it would be the uber-rich jet-setting elite that can afford pretty much anything that would have snapped these up.

I stand corrected. :D

andylawcc

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
you see all those bling bling mobiles riding on twenties in those rapper music video are
RENTALS! they do not own them!
except Puff Daddy's 360 Modena and Sisqo's Bentley, other rappers just rent them for a day to shoot the video and then put the rental company in their album's Thanks List which is so ebonically encrypted that no one can understand. "Yeah, we ryder big shout out to Joe Blow Rentalzz for their shtizo ride in the shize hizzo fa shizzzyyyyy yo. Keep'n'g i't' pharell."

bizmark

Banned
Feb 4, 2002
my god that's awesome.

to their easy-slumber nature are protective headrests covered by suede-textured down pillows, a substance Professor Hermann Gaus, head of the Maybach division, claims is the best vibration-damping material in the world. I can't vouch for his vibration-reducing claim but can attest that the down is the crowning touch to a hedonism that would make Caligula proud.

:Q

Ryan

Lifer
Oct 31, 2000
Originally posted by: andylawcc
you see all those bling bling mobiles riding on twenties in those rapper music video are RENTALS! they do not own them! except Puff Daddy's 360 Modena and Sisqo's Bentley, other rappers just rent them for a day to shoot the video and then put the rental company in their album's Thanks List which is so ebonically encrypted that no one can understand. "Yeah, we ryder big shout out to Joe Blow Rentalzz for their shtizo ride in the shize hizzo fa shizzzyyyyy yo. Keep'n'g i't' pharell."

LMAO ;) That might be the case for small time rappers, but people like Jay-z and Jermain Dupri do OWN their bentlys and ferraris ;) .

SuperTool

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
they should make a stretch version with more seats, maybe a couch. I really think 2 rear seats are inadequate for a limo.

Jzero

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
$300k, eh?

You know what they say....you can live in a car, but you can't drive a house.
Although this is remarkably close to driving a house....

My highlight
even parking the shorter version is an exercise in paranoia, especially since a body panel probably costs as much as several Kias
I can picture some hapless Maybach owner with a ding melting down a Kia to make a new body panel :)

WinkOsmosis

Banned
Sep 18, 2002
Originally posted by: SuperTool
they should make a stretch version with more seats, maybe a couch. I really think 2 rear seats are inadequate for a limo.
2 rear seats is enough if you are transporting 2 people.

SuperTool

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
Originally posted by: Jellomancer

but a couch could be useful for other things ;)

Dudd

Platinum Member
Aug 3, 2001

But who wants to potentially stain their $300k car?

SuperTool

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000

I do :D
And also, why would they have the champagne inside if stains were an issue?

andylawcc

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000

its all about skills baby :)