WORLD DOMINATION

Goosemaster

Lifer
Apr 10, 2001
How would you rule your people?

Seriously.

Seriously, because as we all know, statistically, and frankly, realistically, it won't happen so you can go ahead and write run on sentences like this one that go on an on about how cool you would be ( I w0ul4 b3 Ultra c00l) and say funny things ( Canada's tank is no longer operational because they never invested in replacement cogs and manufacturing some new ones out of elk antlers will take 15years, eh) but in the end it accomplishes nothign and is rather boring to read so try to be rather reasonable in what you surmize.

n7

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2004
I wouldn't really want that kind of responsibility.

JoeI

Banned
Jul 4, 2005
I would rule the world with 7 golden rings created in the fires of mordor.

Here are a couple things I would do if I ruled the world.

There are more, but here is the top 20 for a nice sample.

1. My Legions of Terror will have helmets with clear plexiglass visors, not face-concealing ones.

2. My ventilation ducts will be too small to crawl through.

3. My noble half-brother whose throne I usurped will be killed, not kept anonymously imprisoned in a forgotten cell of my dungeon.

4. Shooting is not too good for my enemies.

5. The artifact which is the source of my power will not be kept on the Mountain of Despair beyond the River of Fire guarded by the Dragons of Eternity. It will be in my safe-deposit box. The same applies to the object which is my one weakness.

6. I will not gloat over my enemies' predicament before killing them.

7. When I've captured my adversary and he says, "Look, before you kill me, will you at least tell me what this is all about?" I'll say, "No." and shoot him. No, on second thought I'll shoot him then say "No."

8. After I kidnap the beautiful princess, we will be married immediately in a quiet civil ceremony, not a lavish spectacle in three weeks' time during which the final phase of my plan will be carried out.

9. I will not include a self-destruct mechanism unless absolutely necessary. If it is necessary, it will not be a large red button labelled "Danger: Do Not Push". The big red button marked "Do Not Push" will instead trigger a spray of bullets on anyone stupid enough to disregard it. Similarly, the ON/OFF switch will not clearly be labelled as such.

10. I will not interrogate my enemies in the inner sanctum -- a small hotel well outside my borders will work just as well.

11. I will be secure in my superiority. Therefore, I will feel no need to prove it by leaving clues in the form of riddles or leaving my weaker enemies alive to show they pose no threat.

12. One of my advisors will be an average five-year-old child. Any flaws in my plan that he is able to spot will be corrected before implementation.

13. All slain enemies will be cremated, or at least have several rounds of ammunition emptied into them, not left for dead at the bottom of the cliff. The announcement of their deaths, as well as any accompanying celebration, will be deferred until after the aforementioned disposal.

14. The hero is not entitled to a last kiss, a last cigarette, or any other form of last request.

15. I will never employ any device with a digital countdown. If I find that such a device is absolutely unavoidable, I will set it to activate when the counter reaches 117 and the hero is just putting his plan into operation.

16. I will never utter the sentence "But before I kill you, there's just one thing I want to know."

17. When I employ people as advisors, I will occasionally listen to their advice.

18. I will not have a son. Although his laughably under-planned attempt to usurp power would easily fail, it would provide a fatal distraction at a crucial point in time.

19. I will not have a daughter. She would be as beautiful as she was evil, but one look at the hero's rugged countenance and she'd betray her own father.

20. Despite its proven stress-relieving effect, I will not indulge in maniacal laughter. When so occupied, it's too easy to miss unexpected developments that a more attentive individual could adjust to accordingly.

Wahsapa

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2001
no more money, instead a secure network of credits alotted for the work youve done.

no more jobs, you do what you want AS LONG AS YOU ARE PRODUCTIVE. mon-thursday you work and build the community.
how much faster would we get things done if albert einstein didnt have to work in a patent office.

no over population, no starving. everythings broken down into communes where everybody gets a chicken a day, a pig a week, a cow a month etc etc

you can do what you want(drugs and stuff) as long as nobody else gets hurt.

eveybody votes. with a mass network keeping tabs on the econimic market this could easily be applied to how the government should rule.

Chompman

Banned
Mar 14, 2003
Originally posted by: Goosemaster
Originally posted by: Chompman
What makes you think I don't have world domination as we speak...? :D

Because I am not gettign a blowjob right now, Lord.

Only the top men get these.

The peons get teabagging ... :D

Chompman

Banned
Mar 14, 2003
Originally posted by: DainBramaged
Hiter did pretty good.

He didn't even have control of a third of the world, he was a slacker. :D

Try asking Napoleon or that hun guy. :D

DainBramaged

Lifer
Jun 19, 2003
Originally posted by: Chompman
Originally posted by: DainBramaged
Hiter did pretty good.

He didn't even have control of a third of the world, he was a slacker. :D

Try asking Napoleon or that hun guy. :D

True...but he sure as hell did it in style. Those uniforms were so hot. :D

EyeMWing

Banned
Jun 13, 2003
I have an entire plan worked up, actually. I won't bore you with the details of my rise to power, but here are all the radical, mind-blowing details.

The entire world under one unified code of law. Local citizens (lump up the world into approximately it's present-day borders, except split some of the bigger countries up into more logical bits) vote directly on certain, less important issues that can't be decided on a global basis. The global government will provide all law enforcement and healthcare. Local jurisdictions will still be responsible for the organization of their own fire protection, but will have the option to purchase equipment through the planetary government for cut-rates and be eligible for training by them.

Unified currency. The "credit" would be adopted. Completely electronic, nothing printed, nothing minted, everything handled by a massive financial database. The only 'bank' would be this single planetary bank, which would ensure fair access to loans and easy, instantaneous, guaranteed transactions. Of course, this requires that the entire world be linked together onto the internet. Remote areas currently without access would have satellites provisioned or permanent links installed before the local currencies are abolished in those areas.

Punishment for those things deemed a crime (which would be FAR fewer) would be significantly more severe - torture or death. No namby-pamby prison. Essentially the only things you'll go to jail for are violent crimes and crimes against the government (though local jurisdictions will have the option to have standard, non-torture prisons for enforcement of their local regulations; assuming those regulations have been audited to be within the spirit of the new world order). Certain industries, namely aerospace, electronics and transport will be under government control. Reason? There will be no tax income to the planetary government. All their outlay will be paid for by the profits of those industries, plus any others that they acquire through antitrust convictions (if a company is discovered to have violated any rule of fair play, they will become a government property to be sold back to the private market in 50 years time)

Education - all children will proceed to grade 8 through a public schooling program. A maximum of 10 years is allowed to complete grades 1-8, and a maximum of 2 are allowed for pre-first-grade. After finishing 8th grade, they, along with a team of evaluators (actually, essentially all their teachers) who have worked with them over the years, will jointly decide where the child's strong point is. They will then be removed from their parents homes and sent to a college-style living condition where they will be presented with an education tailored to their skills and interests. Program length will vary, typically at least 6 years. Alternatively, if it is decided that they are too stupid to amount to anything, they will continue to a traditional 4-year high school where they will learn the basics of life. If they fail to complete high school successfully within 6 years, they will be executed. Those who complete high school or a specialization program will be considered full adults and granted the right to vote, etc. No mandatory ages. And while we're on the age at which adulthood begins, age of consent for sex will be the completion of 8th grade.

Uprisings, and there will be some, will be quickly put down by full-scale annhilation of the area. Not enough to 'leave no survivors' but simply carpet bombing the cities in the affected region. If that doesn't put down the rebellion, or spreads it, nuclear weapons will be used without fail. Of course, the main goal is to put down the rebel leaders before they become leaders. This will be the military's primary function - from time to time, houses will explode. This is because the entire internet will be under our control, and will be the primary method of distance communication - phone systems will be routed through it, TV will be routed through it, etc. Without the ability to communicate to the masses, a rebellion can't start up very well, and locally posted (governmentally provided) authorities would no doubt pick up on any grassroots attempt at revolution in time to call in the military.

CrackRabbit

Lifer
Mar 30, 2001
Originally posted by: EyeMWing
I have an entire plan worked up, actually. I won't bore you with the details of my rise to power, but here are all the radical, mind-blowing details.

The entire world under one unified code of law. Local citizens (lump up the world into approximately it's present-day borders, except split some of the bigger countries up into more logical bits) vote directly on certain, less important issues that can't be decided on a global basis. The global government will provide all law enforcement and healthcare. Local jurisdictions will still be responsible for the organization of their own fire protection, but will have the option to purchase equipment through the planetary government for cut-rates and be eligible for training by them.

Unified currency. The "credit" would be adopted. Completely electronic, nothing printed, nothing minted, everything handled by a massive financial database. The only 'bank' would be this single planetary bank, which would ensure fair access to loans and easy, instantaneous, guaranteed transactions. Of course, this requires that the entire world be linked together onto the internet. Remote areas currently without access would have satellites provisioned or permanent links installed before the local currencies are abolished in those areas.

Punishment for those things deemed a crime (which would be FAR fewer) would be significantly more severe - torture or death. No namby-pamby prison. Essentially the only things you'll go to jail for are violent crimes and crimes against the government (though local jurisdictions will have the option to have standard, non-torture prisons for enforcement of their local regulations; assuming those regulations have been audited to be within the spirit of the new world order). Certain industries, namely aerospace, electronics and transport will be under government control. Reason? There will be no tax income to the planetary government. All their outlay will be paid for by the profits of those industries, plus any others that they acquire through antitrust convictions (if a company is discovered to have violated any rule of fair play, they will become a government property to be sold back to the private market in 50 years time)

Education - all children will proceed to grade 8 through a public schooling program. A maximum of 10 years is allowed to complete grades 1-8, and a maximum of 2 are allowed for pre-first-grade. After finishing 8th grade, they, along with a team of evaluators (actually, essentially all their teachers) who have worked with them over the years, will jointly decide where the child's strong point is. They will then be removed from their parents homes and sent to a college-style living condition where they will be presented with an education tailored to their skills and interests. Program length will vary, typically at least 6 years. Alternatively, if it is decided that they are too stupid to amount to anything, they will continue to a traditional 4-year high school where they will learn the basics of life. If they fail to complete high school successfully within 6 years, they will be executed. Those who complete high school or a specialization program will be considered full adults and granted the right to vote, etc. No mandatory ages. And while we're on the age at which adulthood begins, age of consent for sex will be the completion of 8th grade.

Uprisings, and there will be some, will be quickly put down by full-scale annhilation of the area. Not enough to 'leave no survivors' but simply carpet bombing the cities in the affected region. If that doesn't put down the rebellion, or spreads it, nuclear weapons will be used without fail. Of course, the main goal is to put down the rebel leaders before they become leaders. This will be the military's primary function - from time to time, houses will explode. This is because the entire internet will be under our control, and will be the primary method of distance communication - phone systems will be routed through it, TV will be routed through it, etc. Without the ability to communicate to the masses, a rebellion can't start up very well, and locally posted (governmentally provided) authorities would no doubt pick up on any grassroots attempt at revolution in time to call in the military.

Sounds like the basis for a Heinlein novel...

EyeMWing

Banned
Jun 13, 2003
Originally posted by: CrackRabbit

Sounds like the basis for a Henlien (sp) novel...

Sounds like a man I need to involve in my plans.

CrackRabbit

Lifer
Mar 30, 2001

Have you read Starship Troopers?

EyeMWing

Banned
Jun 13, 2003

Nope.

CrackRabbit

Lifer
Mar 30, 2001

Nope.

You should, Heinlein lays out a government where there are people, and there are Citizens. People are your normal average joes, doing normal jobs and work, Citizens are members of society who have served in the military and hold higher ranks above the people. Only Citizens have the right to vote on government issues.
Very good read. I have heard his other books have similar concepts in them.

EyeMWing

Banned
Jun 13, 2003

Nope.

You should, Heinlein lays out a government where there are people, and there are Citizens. People are your normal average joes, doing normal jobs and work, Citizens are members of society who have served in the military and hold higher ranks above the people. Only Citizens have the right to vote on government issues.

Interesting. Definitely going onto my reading list.

CrackRabbit

Lifer
Mar 30, 2001

Nope.

Just so you know, the entire book isn't about the gov, its mostly about one soldiers rise through the ranks and the hardships he has to overcome to do so.

EyeMWing

Banned
Jun 13, 2003

Nope.

Just so you know, the entire book isn't about the gov, its mostly about one soldiers rise through the ranks and the hardships he has to overcome to do so.

Naturally. You can't write a book on that kind of upper-level stuff and have it sell any. The Communist Manifesto wasn't exactly a bestseller. You have to get dirty.