Worker's share of national income at all time record low....

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

MooseNSquirrel

Platinum Member
Feb 26, 2009
Since no one answered my question...

workers share of income is NOT necessarily a good or bad figure or graph. It is a comparative term, but not a quantitive term.

For example:
If I make $100 a week and give my wife 20% then she gets $20 a week.

If I make $1000 a week and give my wife 10% then she gets $100 a week.

Now she complains that she is getting a smaller share of my income, which is true, but the actual amount of money she is getting is more since my total income has gone up.\

Same thing with 'workers share of national income' we may be getting a small share, but the amount of money we are getting is still greater than at any time in history (pre this recession)

That doesn't mean that the chart is good news, it just means that it isn't the end of the world either.

Ahahahahahahahaaha. Is that the best you can do in your defense of the concentration of wealth and income?

You missed all those studies about wages falling over the last 20 years didnt ya?

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
Except that the number of people working for the government per 1000 is lower today than in 1960.
Only because of the very large number of contractors and the large reductions in the military. True measures of the size of government are how much it spends and how much control it exerts over its citizens.

LumbergTech

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2005
So it is more honorable to collect checks for doing nothing?

Do people really think like this? It is better to have no job than a working-class job?

Not everyone wears a suit and tie....there is nothing wrong with working in customer service/tech support/telemarketing, etc.

nothing wrong with those jobs, but most people don't think of those types of jobs as success..its called settling

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
nothing wrong with those jobs, but most people don't think of those types of jobs as success..its called settling

Heh. Republicans are working on a major bit of "expectation management"- before they're done with us, large segments of the population will feel highly successful just keeping a roof over their heads & feeding the kids...

It'll be Obama's fault, obviously. Everything.