worker at SeaTac airport takes a turboprop for a joyride

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
So killing yourself at 29 is "cool"?, it's not, his poor wife and family were blindsided by a cinder-block so this asshole could live out his fantasy of an "epic cool" death.

stop being a bitch butch.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
A lot of folks (most?) don't understand mental illness and the toll it takes.
And I think this is because they don't understand themselves. A comprehension of human nature is in all of us but people don't bother to take the inner journey that unlocks it. It's very interesting, though, because it's an adventure every time you engage in it.

This guy, he didn't just go "hey, I have 20 minutes on my parking meter, I think I'll just snatch this plane and have a joy ride instead." He planned this for a while. He had to do his homework to figure out how to fire up that puppy and get it off the ground. That homework was probably a big part of what made it happen. Once he'd figured it out, he felt compelled to go through with his "plan," ... eventually. The explanations that people give for things they do are generally close to worthless. He said "I'm a broken guy," well, he said that talking to the ATC, it means close to nothing.

Reactions: Younigue

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
What if I can both recognize the tragedy of all of this and still manage to find the funny? Because that's where I always am. Am I only ever allowed to joke about cancer (as I always do), after half of my family has (so far) been killed by it (As they have)? ...or is everyone else free to do so? Another significant part of my family has offed themselves in various ways. Truly horrible. Yet humor exists in all of this.

....speaking of, who else knows the generally-accepted definition of comedy?

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
It's a simple one-liner. Very famous. I'm not looking from some encyclopedic horseshit.
OK, cool, lay it on us, color me curious...

When I look up "comedy is" at Google I get this:

Comedy is tragedy plus time

Comedy is dead

Comedy is subjective

Comedy is hard

Comedy isn't pretty

Comedy is

Comedy is dying

Comedy is truth

Last edited: