Worked out last night...

SagaLore

Elite Member
Dec 18, 2001
So I changed my routine a little.

Typically I warm up with 15 reps and then max out with 4 reps on the next set. I have read that overworking muscles just rips them up and takes longer to repair, and one set of 4 to 6 is enough ... you just have to change angles or excersize for each set. So I do with with pecs and biceps.

But last night I warmed up as usual, and then gradually added more weight to each set, with 15, then 10, 8, 6, 4. Also with the biceps I dropped 3/4 of the way so I didn't relax at all.

I experienced a burning sensation in my pecs and biceps that I haven't for awhile, plus today I'm still sore. But, my biceps are extremely pumped right now... bigger than they have ever been.

So what does this test conclude? Is the pumped feeling a surge of water and nutrients into the muscle, or is it rather inflammation from overworking?

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
More likely the nutrients, or more likely you're dreaming about it still being pumped :)

SagaLore

Elite Member
Dec 18, 2001
Originally posted by: Skoorb
More likely the nutrients, or more likely you're dreaming about it still being pumped :)

Oh I hope so. Definitely no dreaming, my arms are swollen. So I guess if I had been loading with Creatine as well, they would be even more pumped?

Cal166

Diamond Member
May 6, 2000
I;ve been working out for about a little over 3months. I had a personal trainer session last week, OH MAN the stuff i learn was amazing from this guy. He was very good at what he does.

The most important thing to start out is to ride a bike for 10mins to get you blood running and then hit the lifting. I lasted the whole session with intense training compare to the other times....try it.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Originally posted by: SagaLore
Originally posted by: Skoorb

Oh I hope so. Definitely no dreaming, my arms are swollen. So I guess if I had been loading with Creatine as well, they would be even more pumped?
Creatine is said to help the pump. I had not touched the stuff in 5 years but about 10 days started it again. At the same time I went off my weight loss calories and started eating more calories and drinking a lot of water but my pumps are crazy now. i can't say how much of that is from the creatine or more available energy though. :D