Words Im sick off

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Howard

Lifer
Oct 14, 1999
Originally posted by: Pepsi90919
yeah well i need a 1 amp fuse so my sirius tuner will work and i can't find any, how the fuck do you think i feel
Stupid. How hard can it be to find a 1A fuse?

AMCRambler

Diamond Member
Jan 23, 2001
Originally posted by: JulesMaximus
Originally posted by: AMCRambler
What pisses me off is when people spell/pronounce chipotle(ch-ih-pot-lay) as chipolte(ch-ih-pol-tay). Or even better ch-ih-pott-ul. And honestly all it means is a roasted red pepper. Why the hell they can't just say roasted red peppers is beyond me. It's like a yuppie metrosexual fad if your food is chipotle.

PS: Now I'm craving wings. Thanks!

I pronounce it chi-poodle. :p

Bah! I got your chi-poodle right here!

AMCRambler

Diamond Member
Jan 23, 2001
Originally posted by: Atomic Playboy
What pisses me off is when people spell/pronounce chipotle(ch-ih-pot-lay) as chipolte(ch-ih-pol-tay). Or even better ch-ih-pott-ul. And honestly all it means is a roasted red pepper. Why the hell they can't just say roasted red peppers is beyond me. It's like a yuppie metrosexual fad if your food is chipotle.

PS: Now I'm craving wings. Thanks!

Chipotle is a smoked jalapeño that is frequently found in salsas or served in adobo sauce with meat dishes. It's not a roasted red pepper (although the jalapeños used for chipotle are typically aged on the vine until they naturally begin turning red).

So technically, the pepper is red and it's roasted. Not that I care anyway. It's not like chipotle has been a life changing seasoning on my food. I'm not going to become a chipotle activist and champion the correct pronunciation and ensure everyone becomes properly educated on the process by which it's created. I'd rather sit by and listen to the nitwits wallow in their own stupidity even though it annoys me. "I'll have the chee-pole-tay burrito and a medium coke."

Oh yeah another annoying thing is how brits mis-pronounce words. Aluminum for one. Half the time I hear them pronounce it al-yoo-min-ee-um. That's nowhere near how it's even spelled. How do they even get to that?

TruePaige

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2006
Oh yeah another annoying thing is how brits mis-pronounce words. Aluminum for one. Half the time I hear them pronounce it al-yoo-min-ee-um. That's nowhere near how it's even spelled. How do they even get to that?

OH crap...I almost died on that one..hah

MmmSkyscraper

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2004

We spell it correctly :p