WOOT..just got a TIVO how long to activate my account?...still having problems

mcveigh

Diamond Member
Dec 20, 2000
I traded out some computer work today for an older series 1 tivo (sony) I just activated my account...but how long does it take to get into my tivo? I keep dialing out for updates...

EDIT: my account is activated but I can't watch any channels, I have restarted the unit several times, etc but nothing see post further down

MrBond

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2000
Should take about 1-2 hours depending on your TV listing selection. I think initial setup for our series1 was like 1 hour, with antenna only stations. We redid the setup with our series two and our Dishnetwork setup, took about 2 hours. It SHOULD make the call on the first or second try. If it's not, you may have a problem.

The series 1 modem was REALLY delicate. Get a VERY good phone line surge protector and plug it into it.

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
Congrats on the Tivo. I disconnected mine yesterday and miss it already...

mcveigh

Diamond Member
Dec 20, 2000
how'd you do 1 terrabyte?

BTW it's downloading now...this rakes to long I gotts get a nic to hoor up to my broadband connection

iwearnosox

Lifer
Oct 26, 2000
Originally posted by: mcveigh

BTW it's downloading now...this rakes to long I gotts get a nic to hoor up to my broadband connection

4 x dsr6000, 2 x 120gb each. 8 channels of simultanious recording capability.

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

Joker81

Golden Member
Aug 9, 2000
Originally posted by: iwearnosox
Originally posted by: mcveigh

4 x dsr6000, 2 x 120gb each. 8 channels of simultanious recording capability.

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

How do you ever watch that much!!!!! Thats about 320 hours right I don;t know how the DTivos do it but it about 1 gig per hour low and 3 gigs on high quality on standalones.

BTW You will probably never watch live tv or you will hate every moment of it.
You are somewhat lucky because they have lots of hacks for the Series 1, I think you alreay know since you got one. www.tivocommunity.com has lots of info but is down for now :(.

Have fun.

mcveigh

Diamond Member
Dec 20, 2000
dangit!! it won't work:| I have extended basic cable, no box.

it doesn't seem to like that though. no TV will show, I went bak and did the setup again and selected antenna as the input source. that works except it only gives me like 10 channels.

Is there a easier way to select your input source than doing setup all over again?

edit works now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!