woot! early Fathers day gift!

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
heh my wife got home a little bit ago. asked me if i wanted my fathers day gift now or wait.

figured it would be small (been wanting new tools for my air compresor) but she told me to go into the other room and wraped it.

she called me in and there was a huge box!

she got me a PS3 and a game. lol

oh and a two weeks ago s he got me a 22" monitor LOL

Alone

Diamond Member
Nov 19, 2006
Despite what may or may not go on in the bedroom, you are not her daddy.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Originally posted by: Alone

hahah well its from the kids. but she picked it out.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
now i feel bad. i didnt get her anything good for mothers day

Alone

Diamond Member
Nov 19, 2006
Originally posted by: illusion88

maybe he has a son did you ever think of that?

No, because if he did, his son should be giving him the gift. The whole point of mother's/father's day is to show appreciation for said person.

jpeyton

Moderator in SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones
Aug 23, 2003
Hey, they finally sold one! I'll phone up Tretton and give him the good news.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Originally posted by: illusion88

maybe he has a son did you ever think of that?

No, because if he did, his son should be giving him the gift. The whole point of mother's/father's day is to show appreciation for said person.

well my son is 9 months and my daughter is 4 (almost 5 woot). they realy can't pick stuff out. well my daughter got me something but she won't give it to me heh.

also my daughter made me a book marker in pre-school. and a mold of her foot and hand (wich go into a storage bin box ).

it is a special day around here. same with mothers day.

Alone

Diamond Member
Nov 19, 2006
well my son is 9 months and my daughter is 4 (almost 5 woot). they realy can't pick stuff out. well my daughter got me something but she won't give it to me heh.

also my daughter made me a book marker in pre-school. and a mold of her foot and hand (wich go into a storage bin box ).

I'm not complaining or anything, I just think it's odd. Maybe that's just because I'm not a father. =p

Duddy

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2002
Originally posted by: jpeyton
Hey, they finally sold one! I'll phone up Tretton and give him the good news.

BWHAHAHAHA!!!!!

/thread!!!!!!!

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000

I'm not complaining or anything, I just think it's odd. Maybe that's just because I'm not a father. =p

even then you may not do much.

We have always made fathers/mothers day a big deal. I remember getting up early to make breakfast and go get a dozen minnows so my dad can go fishing. We would usually get him new fishing gear or golf equipment. Even now we do something for them if we can. though this year i have no fvckign idea what to get my dad. he buys whatever he wants/needs and he moved 6 hours away so i can't take him for dinner (wich is what i usually do)

heh i asked my wife why it was early. she gave me a dirty look. guess we are going to her fathers house to suprise him LOL god im getting old

Blayze

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2000
Nice gift. Make sure to update the firmware when you get a chance to hook it up.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Originally posted by: Blayze
Nice gift. Make sure to update the firmware when you get a chance to hook it up.

thats the 1st thing i did.

then watched star wars III. man it looked great. Now i want to grab some blue-ray movies.

Blayze

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2000
Originally posted by: waggy
Originally posted by: Blayze

thats the 1st thing i did.

then watched star wars III. man it looked great. Now i want to grab some blue-ray movies.

:thumbsup:

I've heard good things about the Pirates of the Caribbean Blu-rays.

DrPizza

Administrator Elite Member Goat Whisperer
Mar 5, 2001
www.slatebrookfarm.com
heh, I was going to suggest that you're wife is having guilty feelings about something, but then, I put 2 and 2 together.
A. You got your father's day gift several weeks early (closer to mother's day than father's day.
B. You didn't get the wife something for mother's day.
C. She gave you a dirty look when you didn't know why you got your father's day gift early.

Quite obviously, she's hinting that you forgot to get her something for mother's day and you owe her dearly. (Apparently I've been married longer than you - I can understand their language now.)

Queasy

Moderator<br>Console Gaming
Aug 24, 2001
I got my Father's Day gift early too.

Guitar Hero II? Nope
Circular Saw so I can get started on a train table? Nope
New Alabama cap to replace the one that flew off my head going down Splash Mountain at Disney? Nope

A Pressure Washer so I can clean the driveway, cars, house, and deck.

I am truly a father.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Originally posted by: DrPizza
heh, I was going to suggest that you're wife is having guilty feelings about something, but then, I put 2 and 2 together.
A. You got your father's day gift several weeks early (closer to mother's day than father's day.
B. You didn't get the wife something for mother's day.
C. She gave you a dirty look when you didn't know why you got your father's day gift early.

Quite obviously, she's hinting that you forgot to get her something for mother's day and you owe her dearly. (Apparently I've been married longer than you - I can understand their language now.)

ohhhh

hmm guess i better get flowers then eh?

Originally posted by: mugs
Originally posted by: waggy
Originally posted by: Mrvile
lmao, what PS3 game??

err resistance fall of man

Are there any others? :p Enjoy your upscaling DVD player. :laugh:

heh main reason i wanted it was for the blue-ray and upscaling.

though playing games is great also!