WooHoo! I am getting my hands on a free sample of this wireless keyboard!

joshg

Golden Member
Jul 3, 2001
Yess! I have been searching around for the "Ultimate" wireless keyboard w/ integrated trackball, not pointing device, to use w/ my PC... I like to sit on my couch and piddle w/ my pc 'cause I use a projector on a screen for the monitor... it's like an 8' monitor right now... :D

Anyway, I feel so tied down by wires and I really wanted to get something wireless... I looked around for everything and all that I could find was mainly stuff that looked uncomfortable, etc. Also, I saw these devices w/ integrated pointing sticks, that looks like it's way to tiresome to be used practically! :( On the other hand, the ones with integrated trackballs look to fit the bill great, as I have experience using trackballs and they aren't that much worse than just a regular mouse :D

Also, I wanted to find one that used RF technology instead of IR technology, that way I can use it anywhere (even in a different room) and point in any direction and it will still work, rather than having to point the device directly at the ir sensor.. blech... AND, I wanted it to be on a different frequency than my cordless phone, which is @ 900MHz...

Also, I wanted the KB to feel good and be very comfy and nice to type on. And, I wanted some nice multimedia functions, as well... Also, it would be nice if it looked cool....

Then I found this beauty.... It's wireless (yes!), uses RF technology (yes!) at 27MHz, not 900 (yes!!), has integrated trackball (YES!), mutlimedia keys (YESS!), looks very ergonomic and easy to type on, much like my present MS Internet Keyboard (YESSS!!), and it just plain looks freakin awesome (YYYEEEESSSSS!!!! :D ).

Unfortunately there is no distributor or resaler in the U.S. for these keyboards... (no!), BUT, I have contacted the manufacturer directly and they are sending me a FREE SAMPLE (YESS!!) of the product... and since from time to time when I find a good deal I like to pass it on (I.E., resell :D ), I have good potential to becoming the SOLE OUTLET for these computers in the entire US right now! (YES! :D ).

Well, I should be receiving it sometime soon in the mail... I'll be reviewing it to see if it's junk or if it's really good quality (but from the looks of it it looks like it is a great keyboard!)... then if there's interest I'll start chunkin 'em to people... probably fleabay mostly, and local stuff...

BUT here's another good thing... just 'cause I think this will be a Kick A product, and since I like AT so much, I think I'm gonna sell these to anyone interested here at AT for a flat 0% profit margin to me :D, so basically I'm just passing them on to you without making any money, etc., if anyone would be interested in them... I'm very excited about this KB (especially a free sample! :D )... I don't think they will cost very much for what they are, I will let you all know when I can land a price for them...

If anyone would be interested in getting one or many, feel free to let me know! woot woot! :D

Note: this is not an advertising pitch or anything (heck, I'm giving them to you all for free hehe, you just pay manufacture and shipping cost), just wanted to know if anyone would be interested, I want to essentially "give something back" to AT :D

joshg

Golden Member
Jul 3, 2001
heh, sorry bout that my first time to use Yahoo briefcase, fixed now tho I think

joshg

Golden Member
Jul 3, 2001
ok finally

got it fixed now... I figured out that you have to set it to public instead of private for the photo album :eek:

ApacheXMD

Platinum Member
Oct 9, 1999
is there a bigger picture?
I might be interested in one of these things if the price is right and the range is good. I have a junky IR wireless keyboard for my Emubox (see sig) and an RF keyboard would be awesome.

-patchy

joshg

Golden Member
Jul 3, 2001
let's see.. I just got a product sheet tonight with summary information, it was a Microsoft Excel document and it had an image in there, I tried to blow it up for you, it gets a little grainy though, but it's bigger, plus you get to see the base unit, etc. now :D

Don't know for sure how much these will be selling for, but I'm thinking it shouldn't be too much, especially if I order in bulk to save a ton on shipping (this one item is costing them over $20 USD to ship by itself lol)

joshg

Golden Member
Jul 3, 2001
oh yeah, almost forgot there's a couple of options that can be added... can use USB cable instead of dual PS/2 ports, can be of a translucent color rather than silver, can include a USB hub on the base I think, and also can include either a large or small palm rest.. don't have pics of any of these though...

hans007

Lifer
Feb 1, 2000
that looks just like the keyboard compaq used to send out with their gateway destination style tv computer

kpxgq

Oct 3, 2001
ive seen that exact same keyboard before... it comes with a dell or something.. a home PC version.