Woo! Hotmail finally uncorked the storage space to 250mb

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

cronos

Diamond Member
Nov 7, 2001
some got upgraded, some haven't.
i'm still at 2 MB and the account was also opened around 96.

Coquito

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2003
My verizon msn account was upgraded, but my regular hotmail still sits at 2mb & 89% capacity thanks to this mornings' flush. :)

djheater

Lifer
Mar 19, 2001
Originally posted by: saxguy
some got upgraded, some haven't.
i'm still at 2 MB and the account was also opened around 96.

Mine was around 98 so maybe I'll see the upgrade in 06? ;) I want two gigs. :(

DurocShark

Lifer
Apr 18, 2001
Originally posted by: Mookow
Originally posted by: Skoorb
I've had mine for 5 years and it's at 2meg still. I wish it was bigger :(

I'm sure MrsSkoorb wishes the exact same thing.

Maybe I should come over and show her what a gig looks like? :p

I only use my gmail for my mailing lists. The threaded view rocks for that. I've had my Hotmail account for years and it's still my main account. I can't imagine using gmail for anything critical until they go out of beta.

Aharami

Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
2 mb here also. jsut checked. oh well. i dont care about hotmail anymore. i like gmail better

frankgomez75

Platinum Member
Mar 23, 2004
Originally posted by: XietyCOM
Gmail > *

:D

And lovin every minute of it. Especially since its "FREE" No need to upgrade to a premium account. And u just gotta love how you can label and organize your email so easily. The search button is a nice touch too. I can pull up past emails according to what I type in my search menu.

And its only going to get better!

Hotmail has become my toilet for spam since its so good at recieving it. I've had gmail 2 mos now and have not had any spam in my inbox or junk folder. So nice to be able to check ur email w/o looking at spam.

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
Just log in Hotmail and still have 2MB. I have this account years ago, way back when it was a small company before it was bought out by Microsoft. Oh well, I still like Yahoo better.

djheater

Lifer
Mar 19, 2001
ahhh.. figured it out....

Went to the the "upgrade" link on the first page... Here's the deal, not sure if it's posted elsewhere in the thread....

Information for current MSN subscribers:
All existing MSN 9 Dial-up, MSN Premium and MSN Plus subscribers will receive 2GB of online storage and the ability to send 20MB attachments at no additional cost when they become available this fall. No action is required on your part.

All existing MSN Personal Address subscribers will receive 250MB of online storage and the ability to send 10MB attachments at no additional cost when they become available this summer. No action is required on your part.