Wondering what CD Head Unit to buy for my car:) Suggestions welcome=)

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

geno

Lifer
Dec 26, 1999
Stefan, I'm not sure but I do know that there isn't too much of a difference. The remote isn't the mst useful thing in the world, but it's handy when you don't wanna reach down for the buttons if you wanna keep your eyes on the road :)

Zucchini

Banned
Dec 10, 1999
well i think i just settled for an amp:) finally found a decent price, a kenwood KAC 748 4 way 50watts at 2ohm amp. $150 open boxed:)

Zucchini

Banned
Dec 10, 1999
n/m settled for the sony XM-404EQX, 4x40 watts rms 4x90watts max:). has an eq and nice leds to look at, course like that matters when its in the trunk:) haha, $150 ($320msrp) in dinged box:)

mztykal

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2000
I'm loving my Panasonic right now. It's last years model. It's pushing 22-watts RMS and 40 peak. It's a good deck. It's almost time to upgrade though...

Thegonagle

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2000
I LOVE my three year old Kenwood eXcelon. I have never liked Pioneer, and my feelings are only strengthened by accidental experience with the brand. The last car I bought has a Pioneer installed. I don't know what model it is (I don't care, because it sucks), but the sound controls (bass, trebble, balance, fader) are needlessly complex, you have to change to a different mode to seek within a track, and you need to switch modes AGAIN to skip to the next track. That's suckage! One of the buttons stick. I will admit that it sounds good though.

BigLance

Golden Member
Dec 20, 2000
Don't worry about the Head Unit Power much. I won't be a big difference, worry about cleanness or sound.... If you want loud mid/high get a small good quality amp and ditch head unit power...

Good Decks

Kenwood
Panasonic
Pioneer
Clarion
Alpine
Eclipse

Have Fun !!