Women and cleaning Poll

Snapper

Jun 13, 2000
A bunch of co-workers and myself was talking the other day about the lack of cleanliness on the part of the females in our lives. Was wondering if anyone else has this problem. You grow up thinking the men make the mess and the women follow you around, pick it up, and whine at you about it. In real life, seems to be the other way around. Let me know your experiences. Thanks.

Lord Evermore

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
I live in an apartment with 1 girl and her boyfriend, another guy and one other guy just left. When we moved in all the girl's friends thought she'd be miserable with 4 dirty MEN in the house, but her response was always that we're the most 'domestic' men she knows. We keep things clean for the most part, especially the kitchen, we vacuum all the time and clean the bathrooms.

Now my room is another story. I tend to have an 'organized chaos' thing going on. I usually know WHERE I tossed something at random, I just remember having thrown it there when I need it. So my room tends to LOOK like it's completely disordered and nasty, but it's really pretty clean. I do tend to pile up empty glasses and soda cans, but not tossed on the floor or anything.

When it reaches the point that I CAN'T remember where I tossed something or I can't find it at all, then I know it's time to clean. :)

KarsinTheHutt

Golden Member
Jun 28, 2000
Women are often stereotyped as neat and clean while men are described as all dirty and messy. But it's my experience that gender has no bearing on the liklyhood of a person being messy.