Woman tries to pass 1 million dollar bill at Walmart

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003
Originally posted by: fredtam
Originally posted by: mugsywwiii
What a stupid bitch. I would have said I bought it as a novelty and accidently handed it to the cashier. I really don't believe anyone is that stupid. We did have peole that were cashing the checks you get in the mail for a $1000 or so. They say void across them in red and have a big disclaimer that it has no cash value. Convenience stores were cashing them anyway.

Actually, printing VOID across it in read and having a big disclaimer that says it has no cash value does not actually void a check. :)

Text

He deals with that issue on the 3rd page.

These did not have routing or account numbers on them and in no way resembled a real check.

It could be written on a napkin and still be considered a real check. The only thing that prevents you from doing that is that you agree not to when you open a checking account at most banks.

Yax

Platinum Member
Feb 11, 2003
I think I'll buy one of those to send to my Nigerian Prince and ask him for the change.

jjones

Lifer
Oct 9, 2001
lol. :)

The article about the $200 bill is fscking hilarious. GW Bush on the front and "We like ice cream" sign on the lawn of the White House. :D

$200 bill

lol, i just read the serial number on that bill; it's: DUBYA4U2001 :p

Amorphus

Diamond Member
Mar 31, 2003
Originally posted by: jjones
lol. :)

The article about the $200 bill is fscking hilarious. GW Bush on the front and "We like ice cream" sign on the lawn of the White House. :D

$200 bill

lol, i just read the serial number on that bill; it's: DUBYA4U2001 :p

I'm surprised you and me are the first... :D

Nitemare

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
In Georgia....you don't say?

Guess the rest of the South can breathe a huge sigh of relief

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
I could actually feel the mulletude emanating from my computer monitor as I looked at her picture.

azazyel

Diamond Member
Oct 6, 2000
What a stupid bitch. I would have said I bought it as a novelty and accidently handed it to the cashier. I really don't believe anyone is that stupid. We did have peole that were cashing the checks you get in the mail for a $1000 or so. They say void across them in red and have a big disclaimer that it has no cash value. Convenience stores were cashing them anyway.

Actually, printing VOID across it in read and having a big disclaimer that says it has no cash value does not actually void a check. :)

Text

AWSOME STORY!!!!! Thanks man!

PlatinumGold

Lifer
Aug 11, 2000

Text

hehehehehe

i just read the whole story. good story.

PanzerIV

Diamond Member
Dec 19, 2002
I had just read this on CNN then came over to Anandtech because I knew there would be a thread about it and sure enough still on the first "page" here it is. :) My initial reaction was to utter "what a fvcking moron" over and over to myself. It's scary to think she's made it this far in life.

yukichigai

Diamond Member
Apr 23, 2003
The forgery charge is a crock though. She didn't actually make the damn bill. Or would that be Counterfeiting? (sp?) Call me crazy, I just think of someone forging signatures or checks when I hear a forgery charge.

Cuda1447

Lifer
Jul 26, 2002
Originally posted by: PlatinumGold

Text

hehehehehe

i just read the whole story. good story.

Ya, I read that story sometime last year. I actually printed it out and passed it around to my family and friends, its a GREAT story for sure.

yukichigai

Diamond Member
Apr 23, 2003

Text

Curse you, I had to read that and now I'm 40 minutes late for math. :p

Good story though.

Imaginer

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 1999

Text

Thats a good one! Kudos to that guy. :)

flxnimprtmscl

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2003
What I want to know is why she's smiling. You're not supposed to be happy about revealing to the world that you have a single digit I.Q.. Not to mention the little part about getting arrested...

JustAnAverageGuy

Diamond Member
Aug 1, 2003

Text

That was a REALLY good read. Thanks for the link :)

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
From that mug shot, I think the more serious crime would be impersonating a female. That's taking fugly to a whole new level of fug. :Q

Aves

Lifer
Feb 7, 2001
Originally posted by: mugs

Text

That story is insane! Long though.