Woman kills infant by putting it in microwave

Specop 007

Diamond Member
Jan 31, 2005
I reallly dont have much of an opinion, outside of hoping theres a very special place in Hell for people like this. :|

Its truly amazing to me to lengths to which people will go to be inhumane.

Article

Mother Arrested, Accused Of Putting Infant In Microwave

POSTED: 7:45 am EST November 28, 2006
UPDATED: 10:55 am EST November 28, 2006

DAYTON, Ohio -- A woman has been charged in the death of her infant daughter, who authorities believe might have been put in a microwave oven.

China Arnold, 26, was arrested at her home Monday on a charge of aggravated murder, police Sgt. Gary White said. Her month-old daughter, Paris Talley, died in August 2005.

"We have reason to believe and scientific evidence to support that a microwave oven might have been involved in the death of this child," said Ken Betz, director of the Montgomery County coroner's office.

The baby was dead when Arnold brought her to Children's Medical Center on Aug. 30 of last year, White said. The death was ruled a homicide caused by hyperthermia, or high body temperature, due to thermal injury.

Betz said the case was difficult. "We're in an area where there's not a lot of scientific research on the effect of microwave on human beings," he said.

He said there were no external signs as there would have been with scalding water.

Arnold had been arrested initially and later released. Greg Flannagan, a spokesman for the county prosecutor's office, said there was a lengthy investigation before prosecutors determined there was enough probable cause to issue an arrest warrant, which was filed Wednesday.

Arnold was being held in the Montgomery County jail.

ebaycj

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2002
This is fvcking disgusting. She should be executed immediately. If she didn't want the baby, she should have had an abortion before the fetus was conscious.

1EZduzit

Lifer
Feb 4, 2002
What a way to go.

I seem to remember an incident a long time ago where a drug addicted mother put the baby in the oven and the turkey in the crib.

maluckey

Platinum Member
Jan 31, 2003
She will walk away with an insanity plea. She will be "rehabilitated", have more kids and live out a long life. It's the flawed system that we have.

Screech

Golden Member
Oct 20, 2004
Wow......fvcking disgusting.....

on a slightly sick note, it really makes me rethink those 'dead baby' "jokes".....

blackllotus

Golden Member
May 30, 2005
Originally posted by: ebaycj
She should be executed immediately.

Maybe she deserves to die, but is the death penalty really worth it? Over 100 innocent people have been exonerated from death row and who knows how many have been wrongfully executed. Putting ONE innocent person to death is more than enough reason to eliminate the death penalty altogether.

EDIT: I'm not claiming this woman is innocent.

shrumpage

Golden Member
Mar 1, 2004
Originally posted by: screech

on a slightly sick note, it really makes me rethink those 'dead baby' "jokes".....

Having kids of your own, really makes you rethink those types of jokes.

Stumps

Diamond Member
Jun 18, 2001
Originally posted by: shrumpage
Originally posted by: screech

Having kids of your own, really makes you rethink those types of jokes.

QFT

Conky

Lifer
May 9, 2001
Has anybody ever noticed the really crazy things always happen in Ohio? :confused:

Very disturbing story.

Stumps

Diamond Member
Jun 18, 2001
Originally posted by: Beachboy
Has anybody ever noticed the really crazy things always happen in The United States of America? :confused:

Very disturbing story.

Fixed

Enig101

May 21, 2006
Geeze, that makes me feel ill. I hate hearing about the infant-murders. If she gets off on insanity well, I hope it is the truth. It is still abhorrent though. I would think that living with what you did to a helpless child is the best punishment possible.

mc00

Jan 25, 2005
very sad... I agree with "ebaycj" Hospital should put big sign that says "if you don't want your infant we help you get it doubt or drop it off to nurse no question asked" Why kill it after is born?
between my local hopital ask us when my wife was having my son if I want to give it up or doubt if we change our mind drop it off near police station.. I was surprise when they ask me this..

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
This is fvcking disgusting. She should be executed immediately. If she didn't want the baby, she should have had an abortion before the fetus was conscious.

Consciousness somehow starts the moment we suck air?

Pro-choice advocates should rejoice. The choice to kill is always top priority over the choice to conceive.

Yes, it?s all disgusting but who is to say a 1 month old is a viable human being without the mother?s care? It?s a small step between late term abortion and post term abortion.

halik

Lifer
Oct 10, 2000
Originally posted by: Jaskalas

Pro-choice advocates should rejoice. The choice to kill is always top priority over the choice to conceive.

Yes, it?s all disgusting but who is to say a 1 month old is a viable human being without the mother?s care? It?s a small step between late term abortion and post term abortion.

I don't think he was implying that birth = conscience.

GoPackGo

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 2003

Really..thats true...

The rights of the woman outweigh the rights of the 4th Trimester Fetus.

:roll:

miketheidiot

Lifer
Sep 3, 2004
I heard about stuff like this during the rawandan genicide, very sick indeed. :(

troll troll troll your boat, gently down the stream
merrily merrily merrily merrily
life is but a dream

bloodugly

Golden Member
Apr 27, 2004
Anyone that does something like that obviously is not right in the head. Still, instead of getting off with some plea and getting some "treatment", they should just get a bullet and a hole in the ground. Saves time, money, and possibly a future child from the same thing happening.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I'm just trying to figure out how she fit the baby in the microwave. Mine barely fits a bag of popcorn. Then again, I rarely cook.

her209

No Lifer
Oct 11, 2000

On a similar note, this is how we should execute people from now on.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I think people have allowed the abortion debate to fall into semantics for far too long. Who cares what trimester a baby is considered "alive" in? Is there a certain day somewhere in the second trimester where killing a fetus suddenly becomes wrong? Of course not.

You know what? I think abortion is murder, and I'm still pro choice. The social problems caused by all those unwanted babies would be way more of a concern to me then how sad a pile of ectoplasm is when it's flushed down the hospital drain.

Pro life advocates condemn abortion, and then decry the presence of broken families and unwanted children. Hypocrites. Pro choice people do an elaborate gay dance to try and make some sort of artificial distinction when a person begins in order to salve their guilty consciences. Hypocrites. Embrace abortion for what it is... an incredibly useful tool for limiting the amount of unwanted, unloved, and uncared for children. And all at a reasonable price.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Originally posted by: eskimospy
I think people have allowed the abortion debate to fall into semantics for far too long. Who cares what trimester a baby is considered "alive" in? Is there a certain day somewhere in the second trimester where killing a fetus suddenly becomes wrong? Of course not.

You know what? I think abortion is murder, and I'm still pro choice. The social problems caused by all those unwanted babies would be way more of a concern to me then how sad a pile of ectoplasm is when it's flushed down the hospital drain.

Pro life advocates condemn abortion, and then decry the presence of broken families and unwanted children. Hypocrites. Pro choice people do an elaborate gay dance to try and make some sort of artificial distinction when a person begins in order to salve their guilty consciences. Hypocrites. Embrace abortion for what it is... an incredibly useful tool for limiting the amount of unwanted, unloved, and uncared for children. And all at a reasonable price.

I suppose then we can gas kids in orphanages and the genetically impaired and other unwanted kids of any age then too, because I would also be way more concerned about them then I would be about their corpses.

ayabe

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2005

Way to divert the topic for your own needs, this has nothing to do with abortion, but you get a :cookie: for trying