Woman in bathroom mistaken for transgender, gets scolded by stranger

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

buckshot24

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 2009
I hope you're for gun control.
I totally get that but I've seen no data to suggest reducing magazine sizes or assault weapon bans do a lick of good in cutting down violent crime. I have considered what you're saying as it almost seems like we're making the exact same argument for men in women's restrooms.

Indus

Lifer
May 11, 2002
No worries. Trump will pay the assailants' legal fees if they get caught.

Just like he's paying for the bills of others arrested in the xenophobia attacks? The guy's just inciting and couldn't care less about his fan club.

buckshot24

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 2009
Just like he's paying for the bills of others arrested in the xenophobia attacks? The guy's just inciting and couldn't care less about his fan club.
He's a bit careless but he said he'd pay for legal fees for somebody stopping a protester from throwing tomatoes toward him. I don't think he said in any other context.

If he's inciting violence he's doing a crap job of it. A tiny tiny minority have had any issues.

Bubbleawsome

Diamond Member
Apr 14, 2013
I totally get that but I've seen no data to suggest reducing magazine sizes or assault weapon bans do a lick of good in cutting down violent crime. I have considered what you're saying as it almost seems like we're making the exact same argument for men in women's restrooms.

My side is that transgender people should be able to go to the bathroom of their choosing. I also think that, as a side effect, we can not have checks on who is using which bathroom as that dehumanizes trans and cis people.

We may be arguing the same ideas, sorry if it's unclear as I'm not quite sure what you're trying to say.

My main point was that I don't think allowing opener bathrooms will create an increase in risk any more than any sort of increased gun control would decrease risk, as both seem like a negligible difference in the real world.

Again, sorry if I came off as rude.

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
Linking what to rapists? I'm not linking anything to rapists, I'm pointing out that they are the danger here, not trans people. And what regulation do you think 'stops nothing'? The current bathroom laws? Well they've never been removed before so I guess we'll have to wait and see if making it easier to rape and peep will cause an increase in raping and peeping.

Its not theoretical. Other places in the world do actually exist, they have passed these laws, and no increases assault resulted. Why? Deviants and "probably not rapists" have nothing to do with this. As said, "birth certificates at bathroom doors" does nothing but promote stupidity

Wait, you just argued that there won't be a danger to letting rapists have access to children in private places. So we have an epidemic of rape because men have access to boys in the men's room, but it'll be perfectly safe for men to have access to girls in the girls room?

What are you trying to argue here? That this is some great loophole bring in all the rapists? And where are "girls" rooms anyway? Schools? So there is going to be this flood of men in dresses in schools just waiting to troll between classes? And good god, we can't do anything to stop them because we can't make them show a birth certificate. Play out a scenario where this doesn't sound incredibly ridiculous.

PLEASE tell me what 'the real threat' is, because by the context of your last contradi..I mean paragraph it looks like the real threat is men having access to boys in private places, yet you seem to be really certain that, what was it, 'impractical regulation' of keeping them out of the women's room 'stops nothing'? Serious question, are you stating that all child rapists are gay men?

Two points: all the bed wetters on this issue keep bringing up "little girls" rooms, as if this would become some ground zero. See the point above.
Second, men in general are dangerous, and very much to boys, which is not discussed with the same passion as the "little girls." Why? Why did you guys just find religion on this yesterday?
And where would the dumb birth certificate do anything, other than make you believe you actually did something? Sandusky went for decades before anyone did anything. Priests raped for decades and nothing happened. Cosby raped for decades and nothing happened. Hastert, 3rd in line to the presidency and no one did anything.

Your solution is a fraud. It's a lie to tell yourselves you did something that mattered and it doesn't. Worse, it impugnes an already abused group of people, in a place that has nothing to do with an actual problem.

Maybe pay more attention to liberal or liberal-leaning posters like Bowfinger, Mongrel or Darwin and see how when you think for yourself you avoid Merriam-Webster class contradictions.

High words coming from a guy who's OP is so poorly written and formatted it's nearly indecipherable.

Is this your boogyman?

ladybeard-wrestler-metal-singer-cross-dressing-1.jpg

"Hey ladies! I'm a lady too, see?. Let's all go to ladies room and watch each other poop, because we're ladies.. #smooth"

Last edited:

Exophase

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2012
I don't think you could mistake her for a man. even wearing a hat. its not uncommon for women to wear them. her hair cut while i find appealing is popular and i have seen far more manly looking women.

Though i think as i grow older i find myself not trusting every news story anymore. Far to many seem to turn out to be a mistake..

That picture given earlier isn't current. Her hair cut isn't masculine per se, but it's a lot shorter than what's shown there, and with a baseball cap on it's completely covered.

Blue_Max

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2011
You live in a very weird world.

It's interesting how very, very, VERY different the 'progressive' world is compared to the rest of the human race.

...and how intensely they shame everyone else for not believing as they do. After all, to be an uber-liberal 'progressive' is to be a "good person".

Anyone who does not believe is a loathsome, disgusting, "bad person".

stormkroe

Golden Member
May 28, 2011
Is this your boogyman?

ladybeard-wrestler-metal-singer-cross-dressing-1.jpg

"Hey ladies! I'm a lady too, see?. Let's all go to ladies room and watch each other poop, because we're ladies.. #smooth"

I promise you that no one had the least bit of trouble understanding my first post. If you found it difficult perhaps you should have that checked out.

'Other places have passed these laws with no increase in assaults'.
I'm sure you've got a link or two for that?

You still haven't explained how you can claim that men with access to private places with boys is a 'real threat', and with the same typing breath say that men with access to private places with girls is just fine.
Resist your urge to double down on this. Take a mulligan here or please explain this line of reasoning. Every thinking person who read what you wrote is getting a cringe feeling watching you.

And finally, your boogeyman question just proves that you're SUPER PUMPED to argue about what you wish I had said. I feel like you found that pic a few days ago and have been longing for a chance to use it so badly that you decided to shoe-horn it in here.

I wonder, does every movie that you watch seem to have a surprise ending?

Nov 25, 2013
It's interesting how very, very, VERY different the 'progressive' world is compared to the rest of the human race.

...and how intensely they shame everyone else for not believing as they do. After all, to be an uber-liberal 'progressive' is to be a "good person".

You poor oppressed warrior.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999

Especially the ones that mistakenly get up in peoples faces and say the exact things you just accused Progressives of doing.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
Well when you make comments like this it's pretty clear you are incapable of a rational discussion of the topic.

Yes like when you see people wearing a shirt that says in large letters:

Nobody knows I am a Lesbian. Nobody knows I am Gay. Nobody knows I am Bi. Nobody knows I am Transgendered.

No they aren't asking for attention. Just like Bruce Jenner isn't...

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
And the blacks are at fault for Selma because they pushed for equal treatment and to end discrimination. Gotcha.

Another loser social issue the fundies are pushing to make themselves look foolish and ignorant again.

Blacks. You just knew some asshole would bring up the Blacks. That has nothing to do with this topic.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
Actually the conservaterrorists pushed it.

What does it matter to anyone if my transgender friend uses the bathroom or not. Never been an issue before and she's never raped a female or anything.

And I've said before, Caitlyn Jenner is the worst thing to happen to transpeople since ignorance is bliss. And a conservaterrorist tranny comes along and makes life very hard on everyone.

I agree 100% with both of your points above. It wasn't an issue and nobody gave a crap where the trannies took a dump. I certainly didn't and still don't.

It is being pushed when the Libs try and write laws that specify trannies can use what ever bathroom they want openly and advertise it from the rooftops. That is what started it.

Then Bruce Jenner comes along and id doing it all for the attention and money. I personally think he is a circus freak much the same as Michael Jackson was.

I don't care if they are L, G, B or T's I also don't give a crap if you are straight. What I don't see is why the need to parade it up and down the street. It is stupid.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
in what bubble world did the libs push this?

These are GOP states making an unending issue out of it. The liberal position was more status quo. What we have right now is some relgio-tician asshats suddenly feared their own mortality and started enacting unconstitutional laws to satisfy their low sperm count.

North Carolina for instance.

Pushed by liberals Charlotte, NC Passed an ordinance in February that said transgender residents could use the restroom of the gender they identify with. Charlotte and was threatening thousands of businesses with fines and even minor punishments if they didn't comply. They were threatening 23,000 businesses and nonprofits, including churches, with fines and minor other punishments if they didn't conform to that policy.

So the States case is they do not have the right and North Carolina's governor on Wednesday signed a controversial bill blocking cities from allowing transgender individuals to use public bathrooms for the sex they identify as -- as well as restricting cities from passing nondiscrimination laws more broadly.

House Bill 2, the Public Facilities Privacy & Security Act, puts in place a statewide policy that bans individuals from using public bathrooms that do not correspond to their biological sex. The bill also reserves the right to pass nondiscrimination legislation to the state government, saying state laws preempt any local ordinances.

buckshot24

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 2009
My side is that transgender people should be able to go to the bathroom of their choosing. I also think that, as a side effect, we can not have checks on who is using which bathroom as that dehumanizes trans and cis people.

We may be arguing the same ideas, sorry if it's unclear as I'm not quite sure what you're trying to say.

My main point was that I don't think allowing opener bathrooms will create an increase in risk any more than any sort of increased gun control would decrease risk, as both seem like a negligible difference in the real world.

Again, sorry if I came off as rude.
You weren't rude. I get the perception of inconsistency as I've had those thoughts myself.

We have data on gun ownership and decreasing legal gun ownership doesn't increase murder rates. We don't have data on allowing men into women's bathrooms as a "right". Trans people have been using bathrooms for years, as is. People harassing them probably happens outside of bathrooms as well as inside. This is a solution looking for a problem.

stormkroe

Golden Member
May 28, 2011

Do you have a quick list of what laws those quotes are referring to? I've only had time to check on a couple but none of them seem to have anything to do with bathrooms/shower rooms. It's hard to tell if I'm reading the law in question so I don't want misrepresent.

CitizenKain

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2000
I agree 100% with both of your points above. It wasn't an issue and nobody gave a crap where the trannies took a dump. I certainly didn't and still don't.

It is being pushed when the Libs try and write laws that specify trannies can use what ever bathroom they want openly and advertise it from the rooftops. That is what started it.

Then Bruce Jenner comes along and id doing it all for the attention and money. I personally think he is a circus freak much the same as Michael Jackson was.

I don't care if they are L, G, B or T's I also don't give a crap if you are straight. What I don't see is why the need to parade it up and down the street. It is stupid.

It seems to me that you regard existing as people parading up and down the street. How long until you assault someone in a bathroom? You seem the type.

Its very funny how you conservatives think that you are somehow this vast majority. Outside of rednecks, evangelicals and Russians, you are losing ground. Maybe you fucks should move the russia and leave the normal people alone.