Woman goes crazy....with a samurai sword

Queasy

Moderator<br>Console Gaming
Aug 24, 2001
Link

MILTON, Ont. ? A 21-year-old woman from Milton, Ont., is facing several charges after she allegedly used a samurai sword to attack her boyfriend, smash windows at a nearby gas station, hack at a car and wound an off-duty firefighter.

Halton regional police said the rampage started at about 8:45 p.m. Sunday, when a woman who was arguing with her 26-year-old boyfriend grabbed a samurai sword he had on display in his apartment and sliced him on the shoulder, arm and side of the head.

The man's brother, who was also in the apartment, ordered the woman to leave, and she complied. But that apparently did little to quell her fury.

Still wielding the sword, the woman then went to a gas station across the street and confronted a man ? an off-duty firefighter ? who was filling up his vehicle.

?The Milton firefighter pleaded with the female to drop the weapon,? Detective-Sergeant Murray Drinkwalter said Monday. ?At that point she refused and continued to approach the firefighter.?

The part-time firefighter, Steven Reynolds, 42, ran inside the gas station and warned the two male clerks, aged 19 and 28, who set the automatic door locks. But that did little to deter the woman.

?The female then smashed out the windows to the doors with the samurai sword, then attacked a vehicle that was in the parking lot, causing considerable damage to the vehicle,? Det.-Sgt. Drinkwalter said.

?She then entered the gas station through the broken window and approached the two attendants who were behind the counter.?

Police say they believe the woman then raised the sword over her head. Mr. Reynolds quickly grabbed her from behind, but the woman then allegedly swung around and sliced him in the arm, causing a serious injury.

But Mr. Reynolds, with the help of the two clerks, still managed to disarm their assailant and restrain her until police arrived.

Det.-Sgt. Drinkwalter praised the bravery of the three men, in particular the firefighter.

?I, certainly, down the road will be recommending him for some citation,? he said.

Mr. Reynolds was taken to a Hamilton hospital to be treated for his wound, which was considered non-life-threatening. He had emergency surgery Sunday night and was still recovering Monday.

The woman's boyfriend was treated at a hospital in Milton for three wounds, which needed stitches.

The woman was taken to a hospital in Oakville, Ont., to be treated for her injuries.

Richele MacDonald of Milton, Ont., has been charged with two counts each of assault with a weapon, aggravated assault and mischief to property, and one count of possession of a weapon dangerous to the public peace. She has been remanded in custody and has a bail hearing on Wednesday morning in Milton.

Demon-Xanth

Lifer
Feb 15, 2000
hmmm, and I got my cousin a sword for christmas. Hopefully his GF doesn't turn out psycho.

lokiju

Lifer
May 29, 2003
Wow she's nuts!

How in the hell could someone be so enraged that they'd start attacking strangers for no reason?

There are some nutty people put there.

rivan

Diamond Member
Jul 8, 2003
TTIWWP!

I want to see
1) The sword-wielding psycho
2) The damage she did

DaTT

Garage Moderator
Feb 13, 2003
She is clearly unskilled in the proper use of a Samurai Sword, you can cut a man in half with 1 swipe with those bad boys.

BTW, Milton is like 10 minutes North of where i live.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Originally posted by: DaTT
She is clearly unskilled in the proper use of a Samurai Sword, you can cut a man in half with 1 swipe with those bad boys.

BTW, Milton is like 10 minutes North of where i live.

Chances are it's one of those cheap-ass Samurai sword looking hunk of metal as opposed to an actual katana.

dabuddha

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
Originally posted by: SociallyChallenged
And in that situation, I would not hesitate to hurt a woman.

Yep :) Tire iron to the face would have ended that rampage quickly :D

Tiamat

Lifer
Nov 25, 2003
"attacked a vehicle"

That sounded kinda funny to me for some reason. I wonder if the vehicle was looking at her weird or something...

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
Was she in a yellow jumpsuit? Does she know the exploding heart technique? :D

paulxcook

Diamond Member
May 1, 2005
Originally posted by: dabuddha
Originally posted by: SociallyChallenged
And in that situation, I would not hesitate to hurt a woman.

Yep :) Tire iron to the face would have ended that rampage quickly :D

What are laws like in Canada in regards to self-defense? In the US I'd probably think twice because there's the stupid possibility of a lawsuit.

Minjin

Platinum Member
Jan 18, 2003
Originally posted by: Queasy
Link

The man's brother, who was also in the apartment, ordered the woman to leave, and she complied. But that apparently did little to quell her fury.
I'm just imagining some crazed woman, wildly swinging the sword at her boyfriend and the brother walks in, munching a burrito and says "Hey, I think you should go now..." And she kind of looks over, lowers the sword calmly, and says "Ok."

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
When samurai swords are outlawed only outlaws will have samurai swords.