woman forced to have abortion

brainhulk

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2007
http://www.cnn.com/2012/06/14/world/asia/china-abortion/index.html

Amid continued nationwide outrage, Chinese authorities issued a rare public apology Thursday to a woman who was forced to have a late-term abortion, and suspended three local officials involved in the incident.
"Since the illegal actions by some officials have seriously hurt Feng Jianmei and her family, we want to offer our deep apologies to them and to the generic public," said a statement released by the Ankang city government in Shaanxi Province, which administers Feng's village.
Two of the three officials suspended were in charge of local family planning. The city government promised further investigation and punishment for those found responsible. It added that a vice mayor had visited the family to deliver the message in person and offer concrete assistance.
Feng, 22, was illegally detained on May 30 in rural Shaanxi Province and coerced to undergo the procedure three days later in the seventh month of pregnancy, her husband said.

Moved from OT. OP infracted for his fourth straight instance of posting in the wrong forum, and warned his next will result in immediate time off.

Perknose
Forum Director

Last edited by a moderator:

thejunglegod

Golden Member
Feb 12, 2012
Sad to see that the government has to resort to such drastic steps to keep population explosion under control.

JackBurton

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
Why did she get pregnant when the law clearly states she can't have another child?

Last edited:

BudAshes

Lifer
Jul 20, 2003
It's going to take a lot of tough decisions to end overpopulation. Things like this are just the start.

Arkitech

Diamond Member
Apr 13, 2000
It's going to take a lot of tough decisions to end overpopulation. Things like this are just the start.

I don't think so, there are some things people just won't put up with. Force abortions is one of them.

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
Republicans in China?

The Republicans you so despise are against abortion. It's your team that thinks it's a fine idea. I understand you're just a cheerleader, but you should have at least a basic understanding of the sport so as not embarrass yourself.

Dr. Zaus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2008
We don't have an over-population problem and I defy anyone to come up with an honest conclusion that shows we do have an overpopulation problem.

mnewsham

Lifer
Oct 2, 2010
The Republicans you so despise are against abortion. It's your team that thinks it's a fine idea. I understand you're just a cheerleader, but you should have at least a basic understanding of the sport so as not embarrass yourself.

Prochoice is not pro abortion, I am a registered dem. I am pro choice but I am not personally in favor of abortion.

Just saying

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
I don't think so, there are some things people just won't put up with. Force abortions is one of them.

Then they will continue to multiply until food and water run out. People won't just put up with that either. So the inevitable conclusion is a breakdown in society due to unavoidable stress.

Dr. Zaus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2008
Prochoice is not pro abortion, I am a registered dem. I am pro choice but I am not personally in favor of abortion.

Just saying

This is a line I hear often from my fellow rational-justice-supporters... unfortunately i've heard it used much too often by people that think of 'abortion as birth-control' as an acceptable lifestyle-choice; Honestly stating a rational disagreement with abortion (even when paired with a acceptance of the necessity of its legality) gets you called everything from a woman-hating misogynist to force-birth rape supporter...

I don't like dishonest arguments.
Then they will continue to multiply until food and water run out. People won't just put up with that either. So the inevitable conclusion is a breakdown in society due to unavoidable stress.
this is not what the UN reports say at all.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overpopulation

720px-TFR_vs_PPP_2009.svg.png

As people gain wealth they choose to have fewer children; Further, the world-population is only a little over self-replacement levels as-is.

If anything: losing a constant growth model is going to be the down-fall of our society, not over population.

Last edited:

Ausm

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

Not if the baby would undoubtedly be Communist.

mnewsham

Lifer
Oct 2, 2010
This is a line I hear often from my fellow rational-justice-supporters... unfortunately i've heard it used much too often by people that think of 'abortion as birth-control' as an acceptable lifestyle-choice; Honestly stating a rational disagreement with abortion (even when paired with a acceptance of the necessity of its legality) gets you called everything from a woman-hating misogynist to force-birth rape supporter...

I don't like dishonest arguments.

In my opinion if you want abortion to be your birth control that's your choice, however I personally think you should just spay yourself at that point.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012

Just saying

Pro-choice means only choice for women. You could easily argue that the Chinese model is far more egalitarian.

Dr. Zaus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2008
In my opinion if you want abortion to be your birth control that's your choice, however I personally think you should just spay yourself at that point.

If you want to be hung up with flesh hooks that's your choice to: But it's a damned stupid one.

If you want to kill the human life that's in you that, lest you kill it, would likely become a person, that too is your choice: But it's a fucking disgusting one to make regularly.

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
If you want to be hung up with flesh hooks that's your choice to: But it's a damned stupid one.

If you want to kill the human life that's in you that, lest you kill it, would likely become a person, that too is your choice: But it's a fucking disgusting one to make regularly.

Well, first off, no one uses abortion as a birth control method. They use it as a last resort. It's not like abortions are free. Also it's not a life, yes it may become a life eventually. It can easily not become one as the body can lost a pregnancy without outside interference. I don't agree with abortion except as a final resort, but I also won't villify those who get one. Just like I don't agree with Christianity as a religion, but I don't get mad at those who are Christian (yes I know far too many atheists do).