Woman climbs Statue of Liberty. Note to Donald... You're gonna need a taller wall.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/04/us/new-york-statue-of-liberty-protest/index.html

(CNN)A woman has climbed the base of the Statue of Liberty and seven people have been arrested on Liberty Island, all of whom are believed to be protesters, law enforcement sources told CNN.

The woman is affiliated with Rise and Resist, Martin Joseph Quinn, an organizer for the group, told CNN. But Quinn added her climb was not part of the planned protest today. "She climbed without our knowledge. It was not part of our action. We are deeply concerned for her safety," Quinn said.

Just another ho-hum July-4th, nothing really going on.
If this is the HUGE story in the news today, you know nothing else is going on across America.
All the media and press are taking the day off, except for some poor slacker forced to work on the holiday.
You won't see CNN's best covering this, nor any name you can recognize over at Fox News.
Heck! I wouldn't want to work a holiday either. Would you?

So, some protestor with a lot of that youthful energy climbs the Statue of Liberty?
Well, at least it keeps them off the streets. ;)
If anything comes from this it only concerns Donald Trump and his wall.
Donald is going to need a much taller wall.
It would be such a waste of taxpayer money if we build this Trump wall costing Americans billions, and that billion dollar wall only to become obsolete the very day some protestor scales and overcomes it's height.
Then.... you'll have everyone doing it.

So, some protestor climbed the Statue of Liberty.
I wonder what she used for shoes, and if she ate her Wheaties this morning?
Right there, two ad endorsements that could make this protestor millions of dollars in royalties.
I'd try it too but I don't have the right kind of shoes.

Ken g6

Programming Moderator, Elite Member
Dec 11, 1999
She just climbed to the base? Not to the torch? I am disappoint. :p

Jan 25, 2011
She just climbed to the base? Not to the torch? I am disappoint. :p
Lol saw the video on cnn. Literally she climbed above a door and up to the base. What’s sad is they had to evacuate the entire island as a safety precaution. She was one of 8 protesters arrested there.

Also, OP. This was live on CNN for hours.

statue-liberty-protester.jpg

Apr 27, 2012
Lol saw the video on cnn. Literally she climbed above a door and up to the base. What’s sad is they had to evacuate the entire island as a safety precaution. She was one of 8 protesters arrested there.

What a moron, She climbs to the base and somehow thinks she has accomplished something.

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
Don't care about that nut job. I was talking about her. She climbs to the base and then somehow thinks she is this great hero.
How do you know that she thinks she is a great hero?

Oh, right. Typical conservative projection.

Keep on keepin' on.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Don't care about that nut job. I was talking about her. She climbs to the base and then somehow thinks she is this great hero.

She made her point & I seriously doubt she sees herself as a hero.

Lady Liberty & her inscription are things the haters would like to forget. I'm glad she reminded us.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004

That's pretty funny.

SKORPI0

Lifer
Jan 18, 2000
And what makes you think that she thought of herself as a hero? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Here are some common qualities of heroic leaders.
  • Courage. Heroic leaders have the determination to achieve the goal, regardless of the challenging obstacles. ...
  • Passion. ...
  • Integrity. ...
  • Honesty. ...
  • Confidence. ...
  • Patience. ...
  • Selflessness. ...
  • Caring.
  • Humility
  • Supportive

Alpha One Seven

Golden Member
Sep 11, 2017
If anything comes from this it only concerns Donald Trump and his wall.
Donald is going to need a much taller wall.

Nah, we can just let actual citizens sit up there and pick off the would be invaders. :) After all it's our wall, not Don's.

compuwiz1

Admin Emeritus Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Is anyone surprised, that on any given day, someone decides to do something idiotic?
It's normal. This is not some new insanity.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Is anyone surprised, that on any given day, someone decides to do something idiotic?
It's normal. This is not some new insanity.

It was an effective protest that received national media coverage. One person. Statue of Liberty. Fourth of July.

Brilliant in its own way.

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999

The insane over reaction wasn't her fault.