With the Gamecube drop...

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

CKDragon

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2001
Originally posted by: Skoorb
Not for a while. Afterall ps2 and xbox are worth what they cost. Gamecube was not (still won't be). They are not necessarily direct competitors. PS2 and xbox go for the same audience, whereas gamecube takes up the slack as christmas presents for nieces and your 7 year old's first console, so I don't think there are many buyers that will pick one or the other based on price. PS2 and xbox would have to drop if their respective competitor did.

Wow, I had no idea that you had a negative opinion of the Gamecube. Can't imagine many other people knew, either, considering you post this flamebait in every single video game thread that pops up. BORING

CK

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Originally posted by: CKDragon
Not for a while. Afterall ps2 and xbox are worth what they cost. Gamecube was not (still won't be). They are not necessarily direct competitors. PS2 and xbox go for the same audience, whereas gamecube takes up the slack as christmas presents for nieces and your 7 year old's first console, so I don't think there are many buyers that will pick one or the other based on price. PS2 and xbox would have to drop if their respective competitor did.

Wow, I had no idea that you had a negative opinion of the Gamecube. Can't imagine many other people knew, either, considering you post this flamebait in every single video game thread that pops up. BORING

CK
Wow, I had no idea that you don't have a sense of humor. Can't imagine many other people knew, either, cosnidering you don't laugh in every single other thread that pop ups. BORING

SK :D

And for the record I don't have a negative opinion about the gamecube really. I think it's a cute little console that does what it intends to do very well. It's inexpensive, which makes it easier on a parent's wallet, and the controller fits a child's hands well. Plus there are plenty of age-appropriate games. I think the game cube is great!

ivol07

Golden Member
Jun 25, 2002
Originally posted by: SuperCommando
Originally posted by: 00Jones
consoles break!
I've never had a console break. Ever.

Except for my original NES had that problem where I had to blow in the cartridges. But who didn't have that problem.

I don't think xbox will drop in price.

royaldank

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2001

spaceman

Lifer
Dec 4, 2000
people who dislike the gamecube are either clueless or have no taste in video games.
take your pick.

bernse

Diamond Member
Aug 29, 2000
From Voodooextreme.

Microsoft's chief Xbox officer, Robbie Bach, has stated that the price of the Xbox won't change unless Sony reduces the price of the Playstation II first. Microsoft now thinks of Sony as the competition, and they're quite happy as long as the price difference percentage stays the same.

Come on Sony! Drop your price so I can buy a cheeeep Xbox!

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Originally posted by: ncircle
people who dislike the gamecube are either clueless or have no taste in video games.
take your pick.
Where's your proof? :D

Only console for me to break was my PS2 - controller port 1 died after 2 years. Otherwise of course the nintendo blowing issue on my NES.

ohtwell

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
take your pick.
I think it's both!! ;):D

: ) Amanda

Hammer

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
take your pick.

Only console for me to break was my PS2 - controller port 1 died after 2 years. Otherwise of course the nintendo blowing issue on my NES.

my NES still works. :p

Tom

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
take your pick.

Well, yer a Canadian...

living in Alabama..
:evil:

Thraxen

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2001

I guess I have no taste then. I have a GC, but I have yet to finish a single game for it and haven't bought one in quite a while now. Every game so far has just been boring or had some other quality that annoyed the hell out of me.

jagr10

Golden Member
Jan 21, 2001
Gamecube had to drop their prices; nobody was buying it! Why would Sony or MS have to follow when they're doing just fine in sales. Nintendo has the worst top doggs in the business. They have terrible ideas and they wonder why their product sux.

First thing Nintendo has to do is ditch the "special disc" idea. Go with a dvd disc. Nex, they need to have a nice looking console instead of the ugly fisher price looking gamecube. If they do that then they'll get back some of the developers to make more games for them.

ohtwell

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
Originally posted by: Thraxen

I guess I have no taste then. I have a GC, but I have yet to finish a single game for it and haven't bought one in quite a while now. Every game so far has just been boring or had some other quality that annoyed the hell out of me.
Have you tried SSX Tricky?

Some of the games, like Zelda and Mario Sunshine, can be fun but then you get to a point where you have no idea what you have to do next. It's a bit annoying but I still like the games. :)

: ) Amanda

Thraxen

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2001
Have you tried SSX Tricky?

Well, I love Tricky, but I bought it for the XBOX. I don't care for the GC controller (I hate the button arrangment).

Some of the games, like Zelda and Mario Sunshine, can be fun but then you get to a point where you have no idea what you have to do next. It's a bit annoying but I still like the games

Yeah, had both of those. Both sold now. Both bored me pretty quickly. I was also annoyed by the way everything in Zelda was blurred at a distance.

NorthRiver

Golden Member
May 6, 2002
I like my cube, and my Xbox. I got rid of my PS2, because the graphics suck. Most games are cross platform now, so it really doesn't matter.