Wishing Ubisoft would show some love to Splinter Cell

HOOfan 1

Platinum Member
Sep 2, 2007
It's been nearly 4 years since the last game, and Ubisoft has been releasing other games in the Tom Clancy franchise since.

Conviction never even came to Playstation, and I wouldn't mind if they released a triple pack for PS4 and Xbox One including Double Agent, Conviction and Blacklist. They did a triple pack remaster of the 3 PS2 games for PS3. Even better would be releasing all of the previous games for current gen.

They haven't even made any of the Splinter Cell games backwards compatible for Xbox One. Ubisoft is behind only Sega and Microsoft with the number of backward compatible games for Xbox One. They have Far Cry games which are BC, they have Assassin's Creed games which are BC, they have Rainbow Six games which are BC

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
Yes that is just what we need this gen - more HD remakes. Screw new IP's and ideas, we don't have enough HD remakes. Why play new games and ideas when we can wait months to get an HD remake of a game that we could play right now if we really wanted to by playing it on it's original system?

Reactions: Skel

HOOfan 1

Platinum Member
Sep 2, 2007
I know it gives you infinite pleasure moaning about remakes...but some people appreciate them. Some people don't have the original system. This is Ubisoft we are talking about, so if you think they are going to be bringing out huge amounts of new IP, you are kidding yourself.

Not to mention a lot of the remakes are done by studios who specialize specifically in porting games to new platforms...like Bluepoint, Nixxes and Virtuous, so it wouldn't be as if porting these games to current gen would be taking up the resources of developers working on new IP and new games.

Last edited:

HOOfan 1

Platinum Member
Sep 2, 2007
I played Splinter Cell and Pandora Tomorrow on PC. I actually own Chaos Theory, Double Agent and Conviction for PC also, but don't have the hardware to play them. Also not sure I want to deal with Starforce or whatever other DRM Ubisoft uses on PC

ImpulsE69

Lifer
Jan 8, 2010
Out of all the HD 'remakes' I can think of only a couple that were actually good. The rest were minimal effort money grabs.

Skel

Diamond Member
Apr 11, 2001
Out of all the HD 'remakes' I can think of only a couple that were actually good. The rest were minimal effort money grabs.

I struggle to think of any that weren't just cash grabs. The only reason I enjoyed the few I have played is because I enjoyed them before. I can see wanting a new version of a game if one hadn't played it and finding it and the old platform is problematic.. I still think it's a massive waste of resources though. I'd much rather have new games than see the companies waste time going through and updating a game, much more so if the game was on last gen. I get that it's a money maker for the companies, but I still think it's huge f&*k you to the consumer. I doubt those remakes would sell anywhere near as well if the consumers weren't so starved for content this gen.

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
Yes that is just what we need this gen - more HD remakes. Screw new IP's and ideas, we don't have enough HD remakes. Why play new games and ideas when we can wait months to get an HD remake of a game that we could play right now if we really wanted to by playing it on it's original system?

I'm normally not a fan of pulling up old posts for a "gotcha!" moment, but here's what you said in the Horizon Zero Dawn thread:

I don't know if there is any replay value to this game, but if anyone finishes this game and wants to sell it, shoot me a PM.

HZD is the one of the better reviewed new IPs in a while, and you reward them by getting it 2nd hand? I understand the point financially, but if you're going to whine about remakes so much then you better put your money where your mouth is and support the new IPs when they happen. Until you do that, your posts ring with a very selfish and dishonest tone. Your reputation isn't entirely soiled though... you can always save it by actually buying the game new, properly supporting the "new IP" you claim to want so bad.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
I'm normally not a fan of pulling up old posts for a "gotcha!" moment, but here's what you said in the Horizon Zero Dawn thread:

HZD is the one of the better reviewed new IPs in a while, and you reward them by getting it 2nd hand? I understand the point financially, but if you're going to whine about remakes so much then you better put your money where your mouth is and support the new IPs when they happen. Until you do that, your posts ring with a very selfish and dishonest tone. Your reputation isn't entirely soiled though... you can always save it by actually buying the game new, properly supporting the "new IP" you claim to want so bad.
LOL I don't play games to reward developers, I play them to be entertained and have fun. If that means I buy them brand new then that means they get money from me.

This is such a stupid point you are trying to make. By your point of view, anyone who rents a game from Redbox is "bad" and not supporting the developers. Would you cry if I rented the game from Redbox and binged it in like a week, giving Redbox $14 and the people who made HZD $0?

What if I go and say good things about HDZ on forums or on facebook or to my friends, and 1 of them who wasn't going to buy it goes out and buys it?

What if I go out and buy HZD 2 at launch because I liked HZD that I bought used from someone or rented it from Redbox, but had I never played HZD I never would have bought the sequel?

So then people are now not allowed to buy games 2nd hand if they like the games? They can only buy them brand new?

You just made one really stupid argument trying to prove a stupid point.