Wireless Xbox Live

Asharus

Oct 6, 2001
Can anybody recommend a wireless bridge to me? I'm using a Linksys Wireless-G Router WRT54G at home and a Dell Truemobile 1184 802.11b at my girlfriend's house.

I have the Xbox hard wired to the Linksys at home, but sometimes I would like to bring my Xbox to my girl's house and play Live there, except her room is upstairs and does not have a.... OMG I just came up w/ an idea!

Why don't I just get a wireless network card for her PC in the office downstairs and move the cable modem upstairs to her room and have the wireless router in there! Aren't wireless Lan cards cheaper than wireless bridges?

Edit:

Now I'm just considering all my options:

1. Wireless G bridge
2. Wireless b bridge
3. Do the wireless PC card switcharoo

There should be no difference between the G and b because the typical Mbps for cable modems are around 5, correct?

oniq

Banned
Feb 17, 2002
Did you just make a post and midway think of something else, and STILL post it? Wow..

RagingBITCH

Lifer
Sep 27, 2003
WET11 or WET54G are your Linksys options; Microsoft just came out with one, and I believe Netgear and DLink also have wireless bridges

fs5

Lifer
Jun 10, 2000
anybody see something wrong with this thread?
playing xbox live while in your gf's room?

ndee

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
Originally posted by: fivespeed5

I think you never had a GF before. It's not ONLY about getting it on.

fs5

Lifer
Jun 10, 2000
Originally posted by: ndee

who said anything about getting it on? sheesh... you assume too much, not to mention you're wrong.

Nutdotnet

Diamond Member
Dec 5, 2000

It sounds like YOU've never had a GF before. It IS about always getting it on...and if you're not getting it on you shouldn't be playing Xbox Live!...you should be trying to get it on.

MazerRackham

Diamond Member
Apr 4, 2002
I have the Linksys G bridge for "gaming", whatever the name of it is, and it works just fine. WGA54 or something. Looks nice too! ;)

ndee

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
Originally posted by: Nutdotnet

It sounds like YOU've never had a GF before. It IS about always getting it on...and if you're not getting it on you shouldn't be playing Xbox Live!...you should be trying to get it on.

says the e-playa to his right hand.

Chrono

Diamond Member
Jan 2, 2001
Originally posted by: Nutdotnet

says the e-playa to his right hand.

Hahaha. Sounds right to me. ATOT geeks playing with their hands ;).
You guys got your mack down on internet chat sites don't you? Macking the /me hugs and the "hey you got a pic"?
Nice.

Asharus

Oct 6, 2001
LOL, how did this turn into an E-Pimping thread?

Ok, so my cheapest solution is to move the cable modem / wireless router upstairs and connect the PC downstairs w/ a wireless USB adapter.

Any of you have experiences w/ this type of device?

Asharus

Oct 6, 2001
I have the Linksys G bridge for "gaming", whatever the name of it is, and it works just fine. WGA54 or something. Looks nice too!

It's a WGA54G. I might consider this option, but can this device also be used to connect a PC/Ethernet card?

RagingBITCH

Lifer
Sep 27, 2003
Originally posted by: Asharus
I have the Linksys G bridge for "gaming", whatever the name of it is, and it works just fine. WGA54 or something. Looks nice too!

It's a WGA54G. I might consider this option, but can this device also be used to connect a PC/Ethernet card?

Bridge plugs into an ethernet port of almost any device that has ethernet on it. Allows for wireles connectivity. So if you're asking can you use it as a wireless adapter for a pc, yes. It's much more expensive than a wireless USB adapter though.

Asharus

Oct 6, 2001
Originally posted by: RagingBITCH
Originally posted by: Asharus

Bridge plugs into an ethernet port of almost any device that has ethernet on it. Allows for wireles connectivity. So if you're asking can you use it as a wireless adapter for a pc, yes. It's much more expensive than a wireless USB adapter though.

Yes, if I go w/ this option I will leave the router in the office and use the WGA54G upstairs to connect the Xbox.