Wireless Mouse Idea

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
Originally posted by: sdifox
Originally posted by: Anubis
I don't really get wireless mouse and keyboard for people sitting at the desk...I can see a use for htpc or presentation, but your ordinary desktop?

some of us dont like wire clutter

I'll take the wire over latency any day.

get a dcent wireless kb/mouse and there is none

Throckmorton

Lifer
Aug 23, 2007
Originally posted by: darkxshade
I always thought it would be nice to have a wireless mouse(for desktops) that did not really require a battery. Basically it would have to be used in conjuntion with a mousepad(which would have a cord) and the power would be drawn through contacts from under the mouse touching the pad.

A Wacom tablet does that.

Throckmorton

Lifer
Aug 23, 2007
Originally posted by: SaoFeng
the wireless memory mouse by microosft does this!

I was going to post this and then forgot. But the Microsoft mouse doesn't communicate through the cable AFAIK

JujuFish

Lifer
Feb 3, 2005
Originally posted by: Anubis
I don't really get wireless mouse and keyboard for people sitting at the desk...I can see a use for htpc or presentation, but your ordinary desktop?

some of us dont like wire clutter

I'll take the wire over latency any day.

You're fooling yourself if you think there is any appreciable latency between your wired mouse and my G7.

EKKC

Diamond Member
May 31, 2005
Originally posted by: coldmeat
Originally posted by: JujuFish
Both my Logitech G7 and my MX700 recharge through USB. :confused:
In fact, I don't think I've ever used a mouse that charges through a wall outlet.

The OP means one that has a cord that could just plug into it, so you could continue to use it as a corded mouse and not have to charge it on a dock.

yes. sorry if the OP was misleading

the MX700 (not sure about G7) uses a usb cradle but i believe power is still drawn from a separate AC adapter

my MX1000 mouse cradle does the same. usb for data transmitting only, while separate power from AC outlet.