Wireless Client unable to route to NAS on LAN

LeatherNeck

Jan 16, 2001
I'm having a strange issue that is driving me crazy and I'm hoping someone might have a theory as to what is happening.

- Wireless Router: RT-N66U
- I've got a 2.4GHz SSID and a 5GHz SSID both broadcasting throughout the home with good connectivity.
- I've got about 20-25 clients connecting to the network at anyone time. Most are DHCP clients.
- My Synology DS712+ is connected via Ethernet to the Wireless Router and I've assigned it a static IP of 192.168.1.10. No other clients are colliding with it.

For nearly two years now I've had no issues connecting to the NAS with my primary work computer. I connected through both the 5G and 2.4G networks and I have the Synology Network Path mounted as a Drive.

Within the past few weeks, however, I keep losing connectivity to the NAS on the wireless. The desktop computer is hard-wired and it is able to see and mount the NAS but not my wireless client.

It seems that the only way to resolve the issue is to re-boot the wireless router and then connectivity is restored but I simply don't know why I can't even ping the NAS from my wireless client while I can see everything else on the network from that wireless client just fine.

Any ideas?

boomerang

Lifer
Jun 19, 2000
What OS on the wireless client?

I have a near identical setup.

RT-N66U
Synology DS213j
Laptop (wireless) is my primary computer.
Desktop (hard-wired) is rarely used.

I could consistently connect with the laptop until the upgrade to Windows 10. Then it became spotty. However, since numerous updates have come in for the OS, the connection has become rock solid.

I know this doesn't explain what the actual problem is or was, but I thought it might be helpful.

LeatherNeck

Jan 16, 2001
What OS on the wireless client?

Windows 7 Pro. That hasn't changed.

Ironically, the only way to connect to the NAS when this is occuring is to browse to it by going external and then coming back in to the router. I've got port forwarding set up on the router to re-route incoming ports to the ports to connect to the web interface of the NAS or WEBDAV. Those work fine. It's when I try to browse to the NAS internally that it doesn't work.