Wing Commander III

Feb 4, 2009
I was just going to post the link I guess I'll have to accept you beat me, I'll start the EA hate!

F EA giving me free stuff on their crapware. I'd rather pay GoG for DRM free, EA sucks they stole my girlfriend and did bad things to her that I wanted to do.
F EA money grubbing bastards giving stuff away for free.

Last edited:

Bateluer

Lifer
Jun 23, 2001
Good to see EA giving away titles on Origin, Battlefield, Sims 2 Ultimate, WC3, so on . . . but, shrug, I already bought the entire Wing Commander franchise from GoG a few months back.

Fallen Kell

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Good to see EA giving away titles on Origin, Battlefield, Sims 2 Ultimate, WC3, so on . . . but, shrug, I already bought the entire Wing Commander franchise from GoG a few months back.

Same... and I am glad not even a single bit of data goes to EA for them to be able to use to even sell for advertising money.

KentState

Diamond Member
Oct 19, 2001
Thanks for posting this. Remember spending money to upgrade my Pentium back in the day to play this. Hopefully my system can handle it :)

AyashiKaibutsu

Diamond Member
Jan 24, 2004
I was just going to post the link I guess I'll have to accept you beat me, I'll start the EA hate!

F EA giving me free stuff on their crapware. I'd rather pay GoG for DRM free, EA sucks they stole my girlfriend and did bad things to her that I wanted to do.
F EA money grubbing bastards giving stuff away for free.

I'd seriously rather spend money on GoG than install origin.

AyashiKaibutsu

Diamond Member
Jan 24, 2004
I still don't want a piece of entwining bloatware that just sells the shitty games from the shitty company that as a rule I won't buy.

Anteaus

Platinum Member
Oct 28, 2010
I still don't want a piece of entwining bloatware that just sells the shitty games from the shitty company that as a rule I won't buy.

Ironically enough, Origin has less bloat and is more streamlined than Steam. I can definitely support not buying future product from EA, but why would any rational person completely avoid Origin if it means free games or a secondary download source? I was able to use many of the keys from older EA games that I purchased on Steam or on disc long before Origin existed and EA honored them online. While I still dislike EA on principle, I've lowered the hate from DEFCON 2 to more like a 4 or 5.

EA definitely deserves some crap for some of the stuff they pulled over the years, but some of you guys put irrational an amount of energy in making a point. Based on some of the hyperbole I've seen, you'd swear EA was running guns into West Africa and stuffing blood diamonds into ME3 game cases. I'm far more annoyed that a mediocre movie like Avatar grossed over 2.5 billion dollars world wide than I have ever been about EA DRM or the crappy ending of ME3.

Last edited:

DominionSeraph

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2009
Requires a joystick -- at least it did the last time I tried my disks. It wouldn't even start without detecting one.

E: Works with arrows and numpad!
Now to figure out all that weapon linkage and energy distribution again!
http://www.wcnews.com/controls.shtml#wc3

E2: Mouse, too. Alt-O when in flight for the option. I was having control issues with the keyboard controls with any ship other than the Arrow. (Mostly would stop pitching up.)

Oh, alt-X to exit, as that isn't listed. (Can't believe I remembered that)

Last edited:

AyashiKaibutsu

Diamond Member
Jan 24, 2004
Ironically enough, Origin has less bloat and is more streamlined than Steam. I can definitely support not buying future product from EA, but why would any rational person completely avoid Origin

I was not impressed with Origin when I had it installed for BF4 (came with a video card I bought). I don't need to start getting into a launcher war on my computer even if that means declining free games from a company that has gone so low that I've actually chosen to not support them.

Also, how is steam bloated? The storefront and library are front and center everything else is to the side unless you specifically go to it. Having extra stuff isn't bloat unless it gets in the way or slows things down.

Feb 4, 2009
Honestly Origin works fine, just less content and fewer sales than steam. I believe it doesn't auto launch anymore either.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
1 thing i dont like about Origin .. it is not steam... Goddamnit FU guys, just work it out.. a single hub to all the awsome games outthere is that too much to ask?