Windows2000 startup error

FOH

Aug 18, 2000
Ever since I installed Win2000, I have been getting two error messages on startup of "unable to find cdsetup.exe". I think I know why it is happening, but I haven't been able to fix the problem. If I right click on My Computer, then go to Manage----> System Information----> Software Environment ----> Startup Programs, I can see both of the cdsetup.exe's listed, and the in the command column, it is listed to load from partition( i ). The only thing that I used that partition for was to download drivers and programs to get Win2000 running. I am guessing that one of the programs I downloaded, put a load command on my startup list. I don't have anything on partition( i ) now and it is still trying to load it, (whatever it was). My question is how to get rid of the "cdsetup.exe" command out of startup list, so it won't try to load on startup. I can't find it anywhere but in the startup programs file, and I can't delete it from there. Thanks in advance.

Roguetech

Dec 26, 2000
HKey_Current _User and _Local_Machine, Software, Microsoft, Windows, CurrentVersion, Run and RunOnce [edit] in regedit. Also, try syedit.exe and look in the win.ini and system.ini for it.

FOH

Aug 18, 2000
Thanks for your reply. I tried looking in the places you mentioned and no luck. cdsetup.exe or any other load command from partition(i) was listed in any of those places. Any other ideas? Thanks.