windows x64 any good?

Schadenfroh

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2003
I am posting from it. I hate it, it does not seem any faster than 32bit and i do not have drivers for my TV tuner. I also am stuck with these halfway done beta drivers for my other devices, nvidia has not updated my nforce3 drivers since last year, and best of all, microsoft wont let me downgrade.

Kaspian

Golden Member
Aug 30, 2004
Originally posted by: Schadenfroh
I am posting from it. I hate it, it does not seem any faster than 32bit and i do not have drivers for my TV tuner. I also am stuck with these halfway done beta drivers for my other devices, nvidia has not updated my nforce3 drivers since last year, and best of all, microsoft wont let me downgrade.

Have you ran any 64bit apps? Just curious...... I will probably wait a year or so before making the move to 64bit land. I would like to see more programs, apps, games and drivers that will support it.

Schadenfroh

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2003
Originally posted by: Kaspian
Originally posted by: Schadenfroh

Have you ran any 64bit apps? Just curious...... I will probably wait a year or so before making the move to 64bit land. I would like to see more programs, apps, games and drivers that will support it.

I use 7zip 64bit edition, it is about 10% faster than its 32bit version. The 64bit browsers, i do not use for java, flash, plugins, etc. dont work with it. Very few 64bit apps that i actually need for i mostly game.

AdamSnow

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2002
I wasnt impressed with it about a month ago...

I'd say another year before anything big comes from 64.

Farmer

Diamond Member
Dec 23, 2003
Well, wait till more 64-bit apps come out. Have you tried Far Cry?

Kaspian

Golden Member
Aug 30, 2004
Originally posted by: Farmer
Well, wait till more 64-bit apps come out. Have you tried Far Cry?

I saw some screen shots of FC 64 and it look pretty incredible. I wouldn't mind playing the game again if it was on 64bit. I hope 64bit games dont take too long coming out. We do need the drivers for the hardware first though :)

dsj

May 2, 2005
I don't have a 64 bit windows so I can't play the 64 bit games. And don't I have to buy a new complete new windows? Then why not wait for the next windows to come out?