Windows tablet Windows 10 screen breaks, my options?

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
I got it less than a year ago, an RCA Cambio 10.1" 2-in-1 Tablet 32GB Intel Quad Core Windows 10 Pink Touchscreen Laptop Computer with Bluetooth and WIFI:

https://www.amazon.com/RCA-Windows-Detachable-Keyboard-W101/dp/B00Z7Y7WRI
It's cheap (I paid $118 at the time) but it does what I need. However, I guess the screen isn't very tough because on a trip on Amtrak down the eastern seaboard the other day the screen somehow cracked. I had the keyboard attached but the screen developed a big Y crack. When I turn it on I get the the sign in where I have to enter my 4 integer code, but it stops after I enter 3 and goes no further. I can take the 32GB card out for its data, but there is some I'd like on the built in flash that the OS is on, I may not be able to get that.

Any chance I can replace the screen (I figure not)?

Any ideas on how to get it to at least boot?

Suggestions for replacement?

I'm tempted to buy another but am afraid it too will break. Maybe if I keep it in a box or something. :confused:

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
I managed to boot the machine using the detachable keyboard. On previous tries the machine would not accept the 4 keystrokes necessary to log on. I copied the 3 files I wanted to a USB flash drive, so I accomplished that. Now, I think, assuming I'm going to get another machine of the same make and model, that I could install acronis true image WD edition and back up the C: partition to an external WD HD. That would simplify replacement of the machine. I'll have an extra keyboard. However, I discovered on my trip that it's probably better to mostly use it as a tablet.