Windows Media Player 9 FULL FINAL RELEASE

neomits

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2001
Official Download

Also MS will be releasing a Plus Version with a bunch of extra stuff that costs money to add on. I'm not to hot about what all it has to offer.

REDMOND, Wash. -- Jan. 7, 2003 -- Microsoft Corp. today announced that Microsoft® Plus! Digital Media Edition, the ultimate photo, music and movie enhancement pack for Windows® XP, is available today at noon PST for download and purchase by visiting http://www.microsoft.com/plus/. PC manufacturers and retailers are embracing Plus! Digital Media Edition, as HP today becomes the first major OEM to distribute this new Windows XP enhancement pack to its customers, joining License Technologies Group Inc. (LTG), the first Microsoft-authorized Web retailer for Plus! Digital Media Edition. Also today, consumers can visit hhttp://www.microsoft.com/plus/ and see comedian and author Al Franken and baseball great Yogi Berra tell the stories behind their personal photos using Plus! Photo Story, a new feature in Plus! Digital Media Edition.

"Plus! Digital Media Edition represents tremendous value for consumers who want to enhance their digital photo, music and home video experiences," said Dave Fester, general manager of the Windows Digital Media Division at Microsoft. "For example, tens of millions of people have taken digital photos over the recent holiday season, and the new Plus! Photo Story feature enables them to tell the story behind those photos to friends and family around the world."

Martin

Lifer
Jan 15, 2000
Is there any reason why I should switch from MP6.4? versions 7 and 8 both sucked.

Keego

Diamond Member
Aug 15, 2000
MP9 rocks in my opinion. It auto sorts all of your songs, and I tried out PressPlay to get some songs that I didn't want to pay for (free trial) of course the songs expire in a week but I was ok with that.

kuk

Platinum Member
Jul 20, 2000
All I want is Movie Maker 2 final.

I just hope that my current MM2 Beta save-files will be compatible.

Chadder007

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: MartyTheManiak
Is there any reason why I should switch from MP6.4? versions 7 and 8 both sucked.

Not really unless you want to listen to newer codec licensed songs....

KeyserSoze

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 2000
Originally posted by: Chadder007
Originally posted by: MartyTheManiak

Not really unless you want to listen to newer codec licensed songs....

Can't you just install the codecs on your computer, and continue using 6.4?

Marty, right here with you buddy. WMP 6.4 is my default player for all my video files. Small, less resource instensive, and has whatever I need.

KeyserSoze

Scarpozzi

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
I've been using the beta for 9 on my XP and 2000 boxes. I like it quite a bit better than I thought I would. I especially like how well the small control panel works next to XP's systray. Nice feature. :)

TranceNation

Platinum Member
Jan 6, 2001

i'm having probs with 6.4 and media player in general. on some avi/mpg files, i can't scroll through the movie without taking a long time and sometimes the scrollbar only works for the first %10 of the movie. anybody else have this prob?

XZeroII

Lifer
Jun 30, 2001
Originally posted by: slycat
what hapened to v8?

WinXP comes with 8.

WMP9 is great. I've been using a beta and it is very nice. I like it much better than WinAMP or any alternative. Much better sorting of songs and grouping, etc... It also runs pretty quick and unless you only have 8mb of RAM, resources shouldn't be an issue.

nord1899

Platinum Member
Jun 18, 2001
Without me downloading something I can't uninstall, what does WMP9 offer that the rest don't?

katka

Jun 19, 2001
Thanks for the information on WMP9 I will probably us it. However, I WOULD NOT buy the Digital Media Version of the Plus Software.

1. It requires activation. You already had to do this for the $200 a machine XP OS!
2. Many of us use Nero and already have Surething or some other labeling software.
3. Many of us have Pinnacle Studio software which is reputed to be the best for making movies.
4. We already have Paint shop Pro, Corel Photo, and other photo publishing software.
5. Easy CD Creator contains an Analog Recorder and most of us have it already.

In short, this post is great because it represents the only real thing that may be different than what you already have. I love Microsoft, but with the activation and replication it is simply overprice and un-needed. They should have released it as a free upgrade if you have already purchased a Plus for XP.

her209

No Lifer
Oct 11, 2000
When you do full screen, does it resize the pic still? That was gay.

neomits

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2001
resize the pic?

one of the things I like best is the ability to organize your music perfectly... the only problem is that it'll take FOREVER with 30 gigs of music :Q

nord1899

Platinum Member
Jun 18, 2001
Originally posted by: neomits
resize the pic?

one of the things I like best is the ability to organize your music perfectly... the only problem is that it'll take FOREVER with 30 gigs of music :Q

Organize how? What is "perfect"?

neomits

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2001
you can organize your media library using pretty much anything you can think of. Maybe perfect was too strong a word but being able to get everything labeled correctly and have it pop up the cover art when the song plays for all my songs would be a dream for me...