Windows 2k and copy protection problem with most games

Shudder

Platinum Member
May 5, 2000
I can play any game in Windows 9x instantly, but here's the problem with 2000.

Whenever I load up a game it takes about 2-3 minutes for it to try to load the game up, then it says something like cannot read from drive, Retry, cancel, or continue. When I hit continue it finally loads up into the game with no problem.

I thought it might be my CD drive, but since it works fine in 98 I don't know. I'm glad I have to crack my own bloody games just to get them to work correctly, although with the newest batch of safedisc games that's not really a working correctly solution.

Is there a program to load up into memory to disable safedisc checks? I mean, I BOUGHT these games and I can't even play them correctly, yet people who pirate them have no problem :) Gotta love the irony in that.

Thanks

Cosmic_Horror

Golden Member
Oct 10, 1999
which games are you specifically haveing trouble with? we maybe able to help. :) also what video card to you have and what win2k drivers have you tried?

also see nt compatable

this may help you out. :)

Shudder

Platinum Member
May 5, 2000
What would my video card have to do with it?

Any EA game has this problem, Unreal Tournament as well. UT I don't care about since I have a crack for it.

The only reason I need this is because the newest batch of EA games have a slightly newer copy protection and well, I'll put up with using my originals for now until someone can crack it correctly. I'd rather have it take 3 minutes to load and work correctly than load up instantly but have problems.