windows 2000 and hibernate

dm33186

Oct 20, 2002
is hibernation an option in windows 2000 pro? i like using that on my laptop but i cant seem to find it in 2000

Lord Evermore

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
During installation, you must select ACPI Computer as the system type. If you don't, then the ACPI drivers aren't installed and some options like that may not be available. Look in Device Manager, and in the Computer type see whether it says it's an ACPI computer.

You may also just need to enable it. It's in the Power options available from the Screensaver tab of display properties (stupid place for it of course).

mikecel79

Platinum Member
Jan 15, 2002
Originally posted by: Lord Evermore
During installation, you must select ACPI Computer as the system type. If you don't, then the ACPI drivers aren't installed and some options like that may not be available. Look in Device Manager, and in the Computer type see whether it says it's an ACPI computer.

You don't need ACPI for Hibernate. This is only for the Standby feature.

You may also just need to enable it. It's in the Power options available from the Screensaver tab of display properties (stupid place for it of course).

That's not the only place to find it. If you go into the Control Panel just click the Power Options icon. The button under the screensaver is a shortcut to this one. It's the same menu. If you want to enable Hibernate go into the Power Options menu and go to the APM tab. Enable APM if it's not already. Then you should see the Hibernate tab.

dm33186

Oct 20, 2002
yeah i found it, now im just trying to figure out why im getting such crappy wifi lan speeds, m only downloading at like 200k off my wifi instead of 600