Question Windows 11 do I cross that path now? Your Windows 11 upgrade is ready has been on my computer for months.

Hans Gruber

Platinum Member
Dec 23, 2006
I have been waiting to upgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 11. I wanted to give them time to iron out any Windows 11 issues. The AMD (CPU) problem was fixed a few months ago. Is now a good time to make the jump or should I wait a few more months?

Tech Junky

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2022
I upgraded back in Oct IIRC for a couple of reasons but, the biggest was the daily updates for W10 becoming a real PITA and bandwidth consuming with each release.

I haven't had any issues that weren't easily fixable with updating drives outside of what MS was offering for updates. it's been stable and quieter than W10 as far as updates go. There are some quirks like anything else but, W11 feels more like a skin update than a major overhaul.

That might change though with bumping to an ADL laptop in a few months but, right now it doesn't feel much different performance wise. It's not quite as temperamental as W10 though.

OlyAR15

Oct 23, 2014
I upgraded seven PCs to W11 as soon as it was released, using their Media Creation Kit. Most were in-place upgrades, just to see how the machines handled the new OS. One of the machines didn't meet the requirements, but I still managed to install W11 on it. Over the following week, once I determined that things ran fine, I then did fresh installs on all but one machine.

Now, all of my PCs are Intel-based, so no experience with how AMD handles W11, but so far things have been pretty smooth. It seems a lot of sites make a huge deal of minor bugs and make it sound as if W11 is unstable. It is still largely based on W10 and works about as well, just with a slightly different interface.

Pohemi

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
I've been holding out too, but the curiosity has kept it in the 'back of my mind'.

I stayed with XP until the second major service pack for 7 came out. I stayed with 7 until 10 had been out for at least a year, so obviously I've never been in much hurry to upgrade, mostly because I get familiar with the current OS and am resistant to learn new interfaces and mechanics. I'll stick with what I know and am already comfortable with most of the time.

Hans Gruber

Platinum Member
Dec 23, 2006
There was a bios issue with Asus RoG Strix B450-f for me. They issued a dud late last year. They put out a new bios in February. I wanted to make sure that was stable before I make the jump to Windows 11. The other thing was giving them more time to fix the AMD issues. Those seem to have been resolved.