Question Windows 11, AMD 7900X, stuttering, freezing problems.

MtSeldon

Jan 13, 2014
I built my new ring last month. Until last week it has been working flawlessly.

Occasionally and as far as I can tell only after the first boot , for some reason the screen slows down, buttons don't respond to mouse clicks but they respond to keyboard and I can hardly close all the windows and restart the computer. And after the restart it works for hours without a problem.

Streaming from Netflix isn't fluid. Once it freezed with a white screen once and there was no way to restart the computer so I had to reset the system.

I was using the drivers -Chipset and IGPU- from the Asus Armor Crate app, yesterday I downloaded the latest drivers from the AMD's site. It seems better with Netflix but screen slow downs repeated even after that.
I don't see any problem in Task Bar. No crashed app or any app that uses all CPU resources.
Only problem that maybe related I see on Event Viewer is
"Metadata staging failed, result=0x80070490 for container " Event ID 131.

Any idea what the problem may be?

This is my system and its not overclocked.

AMD 7900X
Asus ROG Strix B650E F (latest stable bios)
Kingston 5200Mhz, 16gb x2 ram.
Windows 11 with all the latest updates.

Tech Junky

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2022
Try a different version. It took me several versions before settling on one that works. I run Linux though and no issues. I added a GPU for Plex stuff but, the igpu should suffice. Though I had some issues with that where the screen wouldn't initialize as expected.

MtSeldon

Jan 13, 2014
last week Asus Armor Crete app downloaded and installed a new graphics driver and then Windows Store downloaded and isntalled another gpu driver. The problem started around that time. Guess it must be related.

Tech Junky

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2022
Asus Armor Crete
I have a similar issue in Windows where one update will pull older drivers and then the other will pull the la6est ones. I would disable the AAC in the bios and uninstall it in windows to prevent the system from swapping / DL drivers repeatedly.

Grab the OEM driver and then run DDU to purge everything and then reboot to install the OEM / AMD driver.

Reactions: MtSeldon