Windows 10 memory diagnostic issue

Nov 26, 2005
So I've used the Windows memory diagnostic on Windows 10 over several different occasions and I've noticed in the lower right hand corner the Diagnostic icons is there and can't be removed. Any idea about what's goin on with it? It's been a week or so.

Kenmitch

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
I've read it can get stuck if for example you run it in a admin account, login with a non admin account. Did you do something similar? If so log out and login to the account that started the process.

Nov 26, 2005
Ok, so I've went to MS config and looked around and now another issue has come up. I cannot get my system to use the 'Normal Startup' radio button under the General tab. When I click it and hit apply it chooses 'Selective startup' . Every other option will revert back to Selective startup.

EDIT: well screwing around with it a little more I got the 'Normal startup' option to work but the Windows Memory Diagnostic icon is still appearing after booting up :hmm:

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2005
Looks like I found a fix. Went into this Reg hive: HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MemoryDiagnostic and cleared the Hexadecimal key. Set it to zero. And Memory Diagnostic is not booting with windows anymore.