Question Windows 10 hangs after long time idling. - ram issue?

nm87

Banned
Mar 22, 2021
Hi my pc:108500K stock 4800mhz

2x16 GB DDR4 GSKILL 3000mhz XMP

Seasonic Tx-850 Ultra Titanium

Gigabyte Rtx 3090 Gaming OC

Aorus Z490 Pro Gaming

1 TB SSD

I have updated Windows 10 to H20,the newest version. I installed windows 1 month ago with new pc. So far so good,games not crashing all stable.My pc is on 24 hours. Today was idle 5-6hours in desktop. After few hours when i go to use pc, i run Google chrome and then all starts slowly responding. I mean i was able to touch/move mouse, but all stops slowly responding. Chrome,search bar,start button stops responding. Then i make ctrl alt delete and black screen with blue circle. So i make hard reset.It happened first time that hang of system.

Is there somewhere my pc not stable or its a windows thing?

Like i said pc was idle 5-6 hours ,when i go to use pc, i turned on google chrome and then all starts slowly hanging. I checked EVENT VIEWER: Nothing,0 entries about any errors.Thx.

ah ps
NZXT cam was on background and epic launcher + steam.

PS:Running currently Karhu Ram test no errors.

Shmee

Memory & Storage, Graphics Cards Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 13, 2008
It could be, or could be the CPU. I would try CPU stress tests possibly, and other memtests as well.

coercitiv

Diamond Member
Jan 24, 2014
I have updated Windows 10 to H20,the newest version. I installed windows 1 month ago with new pc.
There was an issue with the latest Windows update that led to system instability when interacting with printers. Normally if you don't have a printer installed you should ignore this, though having the latest patch that fixes the previous patch is also a good idea.

NZXT cam was on background and epic launcher + steam.
I've had the "pleasure" of witnessing Epic launcher use as much as 10GB of RAM due to some memory leak, but that was 1 isolated case (haven't seen it since 1 month ago, it may have already been patched as well).

If the system passes hardware stress testing then all you can do is wait for any other abnormal behavior.