News Windows 10 20H2 is released, here are the new features

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

WilliamM2

Platinum Member
Jun 14, 2012
That poster's CBS.log looks similar to mine, and all 4 of my computers' CBS logs looked the same. I always run a sfc /scannow after a major Windows update and it's not found any corrupt files until now.
Here's a snip from one of the CBS logs:

After reading your post I ran sfc on both of the computers I upgraded, and got the same results you did.

So I dd a search. I bet it happens on all upgrades /installs.

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
I haven't installed this update yet (it shows as an optional preview download), but today I did have Windows 10 automatically install a driver for my Creative AE-5 sound card (which required a restart).

After that, it broke my audio from working at all. Luckily Creative had a different driver on their website, and after using that one, the audio works again. I think that's the first audio related issue I've had while using this card for 2 years now.

Steltek

Diamond Member
Mar 29, 2001
I had a similar problem show up in the CBS log on one of the systems I upgraded (a Dell Optiplex 9010 belonging to my mother). SFC detected the problem, but was unable to fix it.

Running DISM.exe from an elevated command prompt did fix the problem though:

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

EDIT:
What was funny, though, was that I didn't get the CBS log error on either of the two virtual machines I upgraded. Go figure.

Last edited: